Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2014 4:49:08 AM EDT
I searched but couldn't find anything, I'm considering a traditional scope on my SLR107, I plan to hunt with it so I figured why not.

I want something rugged and reliable, something I can trust but at the same time I'm not dialing in 600 yard shots. I'd like something relatively lightweight, and something that looks decent, not like an AK with a Walmart deer rifle scope on it.

I'll say in the $350 or less range.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw a few threads on the POSP 4x24 Simonov.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't Primary Arms have that 1-6x with a 7.62x39mm reticule?

The 5.56/5.45/.308 version was like $270, which would leave you plenty of money for rings and a mount.

It's supposed to be a pretty nice scope.

I won't get one, just because for what I do with my AK I don't need a magnified optic, but it might be worth looking into.

I think it's out, anyway, but it may not be just yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Try the PA 1-6 with a Burris PEPR mount or the Hi-Lux CMR AK 1-4 with the same mount.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a MI low side mount, with a 1-4 leupold hog scope in low rings.it has hold over hashes in the retical. Check wield is good, very solid little package. $220 for an American made scope built for recoil. I'll take that over a Chinese scope at the same price.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi-Lux CMR AK 1-4 with the same mount.
View Quote

I've used a friends CMR and really like it, especially the reticule design. It's a well thought out optic.

Also like the PA scope as well.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Zen,

How'd you like that recticle for close range daylight?  I'm still trying to decide in an optic for the SAM7SF.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had a lot of time behind the trigger on either scope but I will say that I like the horse-shoe reticule design on both and this is what ultimately led me to getting the TA31GH ACOG. I think the LMR should be decent at close range because it's variable power with a 1x feature, but the 6x PA ACSS will obviously be harder to use at 6x for CQB, though it will be fine for range use.

Z
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like the classic POSP optics, well under 350, they are excellent scopes, tough, all metal, and made for AKs. I'm pretty sure they run around 250 dollars new. The reticle is illuminated and is easy to sight in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the setup with the PA scope, damn making we want to save up for another JRA or arsenal rifle to get it lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually have you looked at the Leupold Rifle man, not traditional for an AK, but it is really well priced, and I don't think Leupold would attach there name to crap, I may just order one for my AK< less than 300, hey I won't be out that much, http://goo.gl/E39u8P
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:55:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked up one of the PA 6x scopes for use with my 74. I still need to get it mounted though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I searched but couldn't find anything, I'm considering a traditional scope on my SLR107, I plan to hunt with it so I figured why not.

I want something rugged and reliable, something I can trust but at the same time I'm not dialing in 600 yard shots. I'd like something relatively lightweight, and something that looks decent, not like an AK with a Walmart deer rifle scope on it.

I'll say in the $350 or less range.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

Traditional AK 7.62x39 optic = POSP or PSO
Rugged and reliable optic = POSP or PSO
You could buy three Romanian PSO-1 optics for under $350

Or buy a descent side mount and cheapo standard scope and rings and that will put you right around $350.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top