Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 1:29:32 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any outfits that stock AK to AR Mag Adapters like those from Canis Design Group who actually ship internationally? I had the Ok from them when they were Texas AK Designs (TAKD) but can't get a reply from them now they've re named, aswell the Canis website states they don't export. Due to the Laws requirements on importing firearms parts to New Zealand there were long delays in getting an import permit after getting in contact with TAKD. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Jono from New Zealand
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Canis seems to be the principal folks.  Our State Department charges something over $2000 a year for ITAR registration, so there's a lot of folks now who won't even entertain the idea of dealing internationally.

You might have better luck adapting Airsoft parts.  Some of them fit remarkably well.

I have a somewhat similar problem, which I discussed here:

http://www.feinsteinproject.org/loes/effortcalifornia/effortCalifornia.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheers for the prompt reply. I know for us getting anything from the US can be hit or miss at the best of times. It can be just as hard getting the relevant paperwork signed of on from both our Police and customs services for it to enter the country. My primary reason for this route is .223/5.56 ammo is readily available here as are AR mags, where as .223/556 AK mags aren't and NZ$150-$200 a mag (yes per Mag) is about the going rate when you can get them.

My 2 courses of action I'm looking at are:
1. Look at getting something locally produced
2. Getting some .223/5.56 mags imported via someone like  Browells (who occasionally ships dependent on the parts)

Can anyone recommend a Mag that will fit a Molot Vepr with a RPK  cut HBAR, that will not require the rifle to be fitted with a feed ramp (doesn't fit) but still function reliably.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I think beryl mags will work along with the circle 10 mags
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top