Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 11:21:51 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I recently picked up one of these MI 30mm side mounts with the QD lever, and am having some problems getting the tightness of the mount adjusted. The host gun is a converted Saiga with a factory installed siderail. The problem is, by rotating the lever to adjust a tightness of the "clamp", the QD lever wont close more than half way due to being too tight. By backing the lever off one half rotation, the mount appears to be tight, but can easily be pushed off the rail with a little effort, making zero nearly impossible to maintain and achieve. There doesnt seem to be a setting which is actually correct using this method. Is there some kind of micro adjustment possible with these mounts that I am missing? Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You are adjusting the lock/castle nut? When locked the lever should go all the way down. With the mount off and lever open, push lever mechanism up -- you'll see the adj. nut on top.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are adjusting the lock/castle nut? When locked the lever should go all the way down. With the mount off and lever open, push lever mechanism up -- you'll see the adj. nut on top.
View Quote

Yep. That one had me for a minute on my first MI mount too. Turn that nut a little and the thing will lock up like jail cell door.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. At first glance, it almost didn't look like that nut on top was supposed to move. I will give this a try tonight after work and report back!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok guys, I think I found the sweet spot finally. There seems to be exactly one, and only one position that the nut on top can be in while allowing the lever to be tight enough to close, yet not move slide under pressure. Thanks again for the pointer! All in all, im having a hard time understanding what the benefit of this particular mount (aside from the looks)
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top