Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 4:03:37 PM EDT
Looking for an optic pref. Russian, that has a donut of death or chevron reticle.
I really like my Triji. Reflex with the amber triangle, it works well for me. I also like the donut of death on my AUG, again it seems as though I can get easier target acquisition with these type of reticle's.
Any suggestion as to which Russian optic with illumination to go with on an AK 74?

I've been looking at the PK AS pretty hard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
PK-AS or Kobra will probably match what you're looking for.

The PK-AS sits offset to the left of centerline since it goes straight up from the optics rail. The PK-AS-V is the version that sits over the centerline of the rifle, but due to it's construction it sits pretty high. You'd definitely want some kind of cheek riser to counteract the chin weld you'd get from it. The bad news is they stopped making new ones a while back, so you're only going to be able to find them on the secondary market these days.

The Kobra is a good optic, but they've become relatively expensive these days. Though I honestly don't know of another optic that has a chevron like it. The Gen 1+ Kobras seem to the most popular, but you may find a Gen 2 floating around on the EE or something. The Gen 2 has a better layout of controls, though the power switches are notorious for breaking. Also, finding a sunshade for the Gen 2's is much harder, and the Gen 1+'s pretty much all came with one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
PK-AS is GTG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Rakurs or Obzor if you want something similar to the Trijicon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Obzor closest to the RMR with triangle and after comparing them side by side Obzor is a much better design. It's heavier but the light magnification is much more robust than the RMR which needs a lot of light to work well. Obzor does much better shooting from low light to bright light, for example if you're indoors shooting out a window.

PK06 has reticule patterns similar to Kobra and is cheaper but I'm not sold on it over the Kobra, it really should have been designed with a sunshade and because it wasn't it can suffer from glare and ghosting of the reticule.

If you like magnification Kashtan is a tight package, it and Obzor have become my two favorite choices for the 74

Also think about Rakurs, I like to compare it to the PK-AS and give it the edge overall mainly because it's easier to zero and is a sturdier design. PK-AS is still an all time favorite though and I happily recommend it.

http://russianoptics.net/reddot.html

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top