Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/10/2014 3:18:36 AM EDT
This little wonder allows me to use any AR15 front post i want, and I want to use a Meprolight front sight. anybody used this?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up , but haven't installed it yet. When I get home in a few weeks i plan on installing it. Looks like a solid piece.  Only drawback i see is the way the front sight post adjust/set by hexhead set screw. May be a little slow adjusting but once its set it shouldn't ever move.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried one. It does have limitations. The elevation adjustment range is shorter than a standard AK front sight post as most AR front sights are pretty tall. You may need to file down an AR sight because of this.  Also the base of an AR sight also limits the windage range that the drum can move. It is a good idea in theory but the limitations outweigh the benefits for me.  The urethane insert on the lock screw fell out of mine shortly after I got it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried one. It does have limitations. The elevation adjustment range is shorter than a standard AK front sight post as most AR front sights are pretty tall after screwing into the drum.  You may need to file down an AR sight because of this.  Also the wider notched base of an AR front sight also limits the windage range that the drum can move. You will not be able to move the front sight all the way left or right if you need to. So if you have a canted front sight block and need to move your front post all the way to the side this is not going to work for you unless you use a grinder.

It is a good idea in theory but the limitations outweigh the benefits for me.  The urethane insert on the lock screw fell out of mine shortly after I got it. The drum is  pretty cheap so not a big loss even if it did not work for me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Mep makes AK specific night sights....
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top