Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2008 12:15:16 PM EDT
Hi all,
Im pretty sure I know the answer, but could a side rail scope mount be put on on a Yugo underfolder?
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I found the one that works with the yugo, but it's bookmarked at work. I'll throw it down here Monday. I'm ordering one for my underfolder next week.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 3:23:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrvidar] [#3]

Originally Posted By lunchbox925:
Hi all,
Im pretty sure I know the answer, but could a side rail scope mount be put on on a Yugo underfolder?

From my knowledge, if you want the side rail (for the under folder) is to go with what the Yugoslavians originally designed. The yugos came up with their own rail system, they put it on their solid stocks as well... but it appears to be specifically designed for their underfolders...

www.p-a-distributing.com/parts.html  4th one down... You'll have to have it riveted on then ground down to be flush.

Installed Yugo rail

Now... the new problem. Finding a scope mount that will sit low enough to use. The yugo scope stuff is tough to find, and can cost a bit more. I always wondered if I could modify something like this www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=266 to look good and work correctly on the yugo mount.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that's the same one I had found above.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks yall for the information and the links.  Looks like a viable option, but only time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:08:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lunchbox925] [#7]
Thanks for the sticky.  Hope it helps others with the question I had.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 2:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyrvidar] [#8]
AK Low Profile mount

I wonder how well this would work on the Yugo rail.... HMMMMmmm damn I need more money to test this stuff out. Looks like it sits low enough and the lock mech. wouldn't interfere with the underfolder. I'd probably cut it down to size, knock another inch off and tac weld it back into place... refinish. Ahh just thinking out my ass.

Link Posted: 6/25/2008 7:24:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rundm] [#9]
where can I find the ulti mak rail for a yugo?  thanks, RG   found it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm probably wrong about this, not a structural engineer, but couldn't you bevel out part of the folder so that it will go past the mount? The issue of not being able to fold it with optics on isn't a big one in my book, because you can't do it with the left side folders either. I was toying with this idea myself just the other day.......
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/tactical_accessories/569/
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 2:40:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SlideRail] [#12]
height=8
Originally Posted By SKS_Lover:
www.veriforcetactical.com/cart/images/569l.jpg

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/tactical_accessories/569/

And that will work with the Zastava side plate from P.A. Distributing?

EDIT:  Because if it is, that's EXACTLY what I need.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
AK noob here. About to pull the trigger on an M92 folder and I was looking for the best solution for a red dot...
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
never forget the LaRue irondot
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 8:14:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenJelly] [#15]
Originally Posted By Tyrvidar:
AK Low Profile mount

I wonder how well this would work on the Yugo rail.... HMMMMmmm damn I need more money to test this stuff out. Looks like it sits low enough and the lock mech. wouldn't interfere with the underfolder. I'd probably cut it down to size, knock another inch off and tac weld it back into place... refinish. Ahh just thinking out my ass.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/tyrvidar/lp.jpg

That mount is made by an airsoft company.

about 25 bucks cheaper here:

Airsoft Gi Cyma AK mount

You can actually get quite a few things on the cheap at airsoft online stores, some of the optics are even made for real guns.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TN_Thunder] [#16]
Any other ideas?

Link Posted: 1/5/2010 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By nictra:

I'm probably wrong about this, not a structural engineer, but couldn't you bevel out part of the folder so that it will go past the mount? The issue of not being able to fold it with optics on isn't a big one in my book, because you can't do it with the left side folders either. I was toying with this idea myself just the other day.......

I finally got around to checking this out, and no, it won't work. the scope mount interferes with where the holes for the folder are, plus the last rivet does not align, my bad.

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Contrary to popular belief there are some siderail mounts for Yugo underfolders.  One is found on the Yugo milled guns and I don't have a clue where to get them, but have seen them after market.  The other option that I went with on my Yugo M90A was a new rail from Kalinka for the PSL.  It is spot welded up where the PSL mount is spot welded.  I had to trim the underfolder stock about 1 mm where it passed over the mount, but besides that it is rock solid and works perfectly with a PSL mount/scope.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2010 6:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrantS] [#19]
I THINK...this would work on a yugo?   I haven't tried one but am looking very hard at them:

http://texasweaponsystems.com/id1.html

EDIT: Sorry. Guess it doesn't.  Fits underfolders but not Yugo underfolders.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope this helps.  I recently modified my M70AB2 as follows;

• Special rail from P-A-Distributing

• UTG 5th Gen Quick Detachable Double Rail AK Side Mount, cut down, modified, JB Welded and screwed back together

• Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32mm Shotgun Hunter scope

• Burris Signature Zee Rings and Pos-Align Offset Insert Kit

and I can still use the iron sights

Bore sighted it, but haven't gotten to the range to zero it in yet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
We need more of these siderails, where did you get yours?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By bigseth76:

I certainly haven't forgotten it, but it appears LaRue has? I cant find it on his site anywhere, but I see many pictures of it come up on bing image search.

Does anyone make something similar to this?  I think it's the best option for what I want.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cavalri:

Originally Posted By bigseth76:

I certainly haven't forgotten it, but it appears LaRue has? I cant find it on his site anywhere, but I see many pictures of it come up on bing image search.

Does anyone make something similar to this?  I think it's the best option for what I want.

Midwest Industries AK Mini Dot Mount

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outsyder] [#24]
" />http://[/img][img] Heres the dogleg on my m70. Trying to figure out pictures but its not working so good
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top