Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/13/2017 12:05:57 AM EDT
Well my brother wants to get into AKs so he's getting a 74, But has no idea what mags to get.

So he asked me and I only know about 47 mags 

So I need some help guys, he wants 30rd mags and he would love for them to be good but not super pricey, any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I use these, but I got them back when they were less than $10 each:  https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK74R30PLUM&name=Russian+Plum+AK74+30rd+Rifle+Magazine+5.45x39cal

Magpul has some out now (no metal reinforcement, though), and I think they're still working on the metal-reinforced ones.  They'll probably come in cheaper than the surplus ones when they launch.  https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MMAG673BLK&name=Magpul+PMAG%C2%AE+30+AK74+MOE%C2%AE%2c+5.45x39mm+-+Black&groupid=6522
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
So the Magpuls MOES have been released? I didn't think any of the Magpul 74 mags we're on the market yet.... According to the Magpul rep at nraam I talked to he said "soon"...
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to trying the magpuls

I bought a bunch of commie mags back when they were cheap

I like the 5.45 74  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looking forward to trying the magpuls

I bought a bunch of commie mags back when they were cheap

I like the 5.45 74  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2275/IMG-3174-207432.JPG
View Quote
Same here..... I'll use the Magpuls for range/training mags... Safe the good stuff for a rainy day!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well my brother wants to get into AKs so he's getting a 74, But has no idea what mags to get.

So he asked me and I only know about 47 mags 

So I need some help guys, he wants 30rd mags and he would love for them to be good but not super pricey, any ideas?
View Quote

He can't have both.  East German Bakelite mags show up routinely in the EE.  That's what I would hit.  I would strongly recommend military surplus mags over U.S.-made magazines.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Legion USA or Circle10ak for the plum issued mags. $26.95 is the best price I've found advertised online for them
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So the Magpuls MOES have been released? I didn't think any of the Magpul 74 mags we're on the market yet.... According to the Magpul rep at nraam I talked to he said "soon"...
View Quote
Still vapor ware at this point.

I gave up and moved on. Small market an they won't see a dime from me on this one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Now Shipping:  PMAG® 30 AK74 MOE®

The PMAG 30 AK74 MOE is an inexpensive, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles in 5.45x39mm (AK74, MPi-AK-74N, PA md. 86, and others.)

It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the affordable performance you expect from a MOE PMAG.

Magazine counts as three US compliance parts for 922r.

FEATURES:
    •  Impact and crush resistant all polymer body
    •  Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
    •  Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
    •  Long life stainless steel spring
    •  Ribbed gripping surface and aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
    •  Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
    •  Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with most pouches

Made in U.S.A.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top