Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2017 7:23:58 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Tapco still makes the Plum magazines of their smooth side ones or know anywhere I could purchase some? I know they made them a few years ago but now all I can find are the orange and black ones. Any help would be useful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They are out there but I can't seem to find any to purchase. Unless someone knows a good rit dye that will get pretty close to that shade of plum.

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I started with the Tapco plum magazine, used 2 parts wine rit dye and 1 part black rit dye and this is what I ended up with.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I started with the Tapco plum magazine, used 2 parts wine rit dye and 1 part black rit dye and this is what I ended up with.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79065/IMG-2642-197332.JPG
View Quote
Nice! What factory color magazine did you use before you started the dye?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The tapco plum which is more purple, the Rit dye got it a nice shade of plum.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The tapco plum which is more purple, the Rit dye got it a nice shade of plum.
View Quote
Damn, I wish I could get the Tapco mags to begin with. I emailed the company last week and they told me that they no longer produce the plum magazine nor have any plans to make them again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out 44mag.com, they've got the tan ones for $5.95, you can dye them plum.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I actually bought a few Orange and Black ones from there last week. They seem pretty nice for cheap priced magazines but I have to file them down a bit on the sides as my magwell is a little tight. The PMAGS slide in and secure with no issues though on my RH10. I'll probably give the tan ones a shot and dye them plum.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
thanks for the heads up.... I hear that smooth sided Tapcos are pretty good, and I just got my first AK.. picked up some Yugo bolt hold opens, and snagged a ten pack of the Tapco Tan ones for $64.50 shipped.... at that price they'll make good range guns as my range days I don't run my mags hard.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top