Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2017 10:21:46 AM EDT
Bought a WASR-10 about 6 months ago, and I'd like to have a drum mag for fun days at the range.

I've heard that they rattle pretty badly, is this true?

Anyone know of any good deals at the moment?

There was a $60 Romanian drum mag on Armslist that I should've fo'd on but I didn't
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I just looked a few weeks ago in another thread. New Romanians are $65 and the Koreans were $60. Google....Gooogle FU for the Google Weak...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, like having a piggy bank attached.
Sure are fun though!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just looked a few weeks ago in another thread. New Romanians are $65 and the Koreans were $60. Google....Gooogle FU for the Google Weak...
View Quote

This was the first link I found when searching, out of stock though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't the top loading ones quieter ??
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From all I've heard, I decided to avoid any of the Korean mags. I'd much rather have a norinco/polytech or any eastern bloc than a hundred dollar roll of the dice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bought a WASR-10 about 6 months ago, and I'd like to have a drum mag for fun days at the range.

Anyone know of any good deals at the moment?

There was a $60 Romanian drum mag on Armslist that I should've fo'd on but I didn't
View Quote

Any luck with the drum ?
I think I need one also if at a good deal .
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy a Romanian drum
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Romanian drum filled with new production 8M3

Heavy = yes
Rattles = yes
Awesome = yes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't have luck with a Romania back loader .
The Tension kept running out every 20 rnds and ect .
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
If anyone here is waiting for SGAmmo to get more Romanian drums in for $65 you're waiting for the Easter Bunny...

That's where I bought mine from years ago when they first came out, and they've been out of stock since.

If you come across a Romanian back loading drum for under $70 buy it. Last I looked they were getting over $100.

The Korean back loaders are around $60, not as well made but for range use they seem to be OK. Any back loader will have to be wound, and I've not seen a drum that can be hand wound to run thru 73 rounds without additional cranks. if that's what you want, you want a top loader.

yes, they rattle like a piggy bank, so ninjas need not apply. I like that they can be loaded & stored unwound til needed. Top loaders seem to be heavier built on average, with the Russian ones being tank like. Apex had advertised some Romanian top loaders for $125 months ago, have not seen one in person.

Edit: both Apex and Numrich Gun Parts show Romanian top loaders available for $125-$129 in good to very good condition, which usually means some rust, dings & dents but should be 100% useable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Romanian Back loaders are good to go.  Once properly loaded, turn 4-5 full cranks and all rounds will flow through without a problem.  Leave unwound until you are ready to shoot so as not to wear out the spring.

Romanian top loaders are also good to go but are a pain to load.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Back in the good old days, I had a FA converted Chinese RPK.  I bought 3 Chinese back loading drums for it.  Well built, functioned perfectly, noisy and heavy as an anvil when loaded.  For some reason I cannot now fathom, I sold the RPK.  

After that, I found the drums pretty obnoxious to shoot.  Just too heavy to hold up, and too long to empty on semi.  I wound up selling all three, along with a Chinese 120 round drum for my FA convertion Olympic Arms  AR, when CT banned 10+ round mags!

If you must have one, I would suggest saving up for a Chinese original.  Buy once, cry once!
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top