Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:21:01 PM EDT
I just received a batch of Hungarian 'tanker' mags from Bad Element that he made for me out of some Hungarian 30-rds. Basically exactly like Hungarian 'tanker' 20s. I only have one AK and its an AMD65 - I have some original tankers for it and with the new ones it makes 15. I have all kinds of 30s too but generally only use the 20s as they are easier and quicker to use. 30s typically will hit the back of the front pistol grip when rocking in. His work is very good. As far as I know making 20s out of 30s is what he does and he's good at it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
contact info?

How much per mag?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a shortage of the 20 round Hungarian magazines?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a shortage of the 20 round Hungarian magazines?
View Quote
You obviously haven't been watching them.  Good luck finding them, and when you do, be prepared to pay.

As someone else asked, any links to pricing?  More info? etc...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to email him, see if he can do some m85 mags for me
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You obviously haven't been watching them.  Good luck finding them, and when you do, be prepared to pay.

As someone else asked, any links to pricing?  More info? etc...
View Quote
Good thing I bought when I did!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Me too. Back in the day, you could get a 3-pack of 20-round Tankers with canvas pouch and cleaning kit for $29.  Mind you, 30-round steel surplus (like new quality) were only about $5 each, so why pay more for less?  Bench shooting required a 20- round mag, plus I had an AMD-65, so I needed them for that rifle.  Whom ever had that "kit" would occasionally give free shipping on $100 orders. So, fortunately I would buy 4 of the sets and get a good deal, no tax and free shipping.  The pouches were nice, but it was still hard to stomach a $10 20-round mag.  Now a used, beat up and re-painted one goes for $35 on the cheap end.  I took advantage of several of those free shipping deals, so now I laugh at the fact that I was upset paying about $10 for them.

For anyone out there reading, surplus is getting harder and harder to find, especially in good quality, so buy it cheap and stack it deep.  Prices are only going to go up.  Import bans, new laws, etc. all come out of no where.  Hind sight is always 20-20.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure that who I used to make my M85 20 round tanker one. I did start by sending him the poly one I cut down so he could get the length right.

Came out really nice and is perfect for keeping in the gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pretty sure that who I used to make my M85 20 round tanker one. I did start by sending him the poly one I cut down so he could get the length right.

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo201/cyclicm16/IMAG06611_zps5hw9xjkt.jpg

Came out really nice and is perfect for keeping in the gun.
View Quote
That's what i want, he must be busy, hasn't returned my email yet, I want some done
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top