Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2017 1:08:20 AM EDT
Im searching for opinions on SGM Tactical AK mags. I found them at a local hardware store for $15 so I bought one. I've run 2 full mags so far and they fed flawlessly. The only thing that gives me some pause on getting more is I started to notice some burrs on the corner of the rear locking tab. I don't know if this is a one time deal from dropping it or if it is a problem with soft metal, etc.

Does anyone have long term experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have experience with their Saiga 12 Shotgun magazines, which have been flawless in my Saiga 12.

You can buy combloc mags on numerous websites for less than $10, so I am not sure why some one would mess with $15 polymer mags.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
They are actually steel mags. I bought some polish surplus mags from AIM and I have had to put in quite a bit of work to clean them. If I can pay $4 more and save myself 30 minutes of cleanup work for each mag it's worth it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
@ar15eric

Any updates? 

I was looking at purchasing some.  
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top