Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/25/2017 5:54:54 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with them?  Same pricing as the AR drums, and look to be different follower version of the same shell.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not seen these
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Me either. It might be a fun toy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They came out a couple years ago now. I dragged my feet up until the recent hype and bought one. Mainly to see if the towers are interchangable with the 5.56 version -
5.45 AR drum
5.56 AK drum

Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They came out a couple years ago now. I dragged my feet up until the recent hype and bought one. Mainly to see if the towers are interchangable with the 5.56 version -
5.45 AR drum
5.56 AK drum

View Quote
Soooo, @NWRed did it work? I’m specifically wondering about your modified 5.45 AR-15 drum. What brand of feed tower did you use, the BETA C-MAG part?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Soooo, @NWRed did it work? I’m specifically wondering about your modified 5.45 AR-15 drum. What brand of feed tower did you use, the BETA C-MAG part?
View Quote
@Stahlgewehr762  

Got as far swapping the towers tonight. Think I may have to redo it though, pretty sure I didnt get the dummy round started right in both drums. Both of mine are KCI/Korean beta clones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Since I have 5.45 in both, I'm very interested in your experiment.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Stahlgewehr762  

Got as far swapping the towers tonight. Think I may have to redo it though, pretty sure I didnt get the dummy round started right in both drums. Both of mine are KCI/Korean beta clones.
View Quote
Thanks for letting us know about your progress.  Please keep us posted- if you can get your AK-74 drum to work with the AR-15 feed tower, I’m gonna pick one up!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Are they the same as the one Rob reviewed in his recent video, only in 5.45?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UACGNsTbDw

If so, I am not a fan of that flimsy-looking hinge on the plastic back.  Looks like it's cheap plastic waiting to break when he does the closeup.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are they the same as the one Rob reviewed in his recent video, only in 5.45?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UACGNsTbDw

If so, I am not a fan of that flimsy-looking hinge on the plastic back.  Looks like it's cheap plastic waiting to break when he does the closeup.
View Quote
That is the traditional 762 by 39 drum, they ALL  have that flimsy looking hinge on them.  they work pretty well apparently though in spite of it bl.
The 545 Drum in question is a beta mag copy.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top