User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:13:57 PM EDT
Just a heads up

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-ak47-magazine-steel-30rd.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to pull the trigger on 20 at that price. I've never seen a price even approaching $7 shipped on these mags, so they'll have to be REALLY fugly not to be worth it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to pull the trigger on 20 at that price. I've never seen a price even approaching $7 shipped on these mags, so they'll have to be REALLY fugly not to be worth it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I ordered 20 from the first time they had them up a few days ago.

Just got them today.

lightly oiled, still in sealed plastic. absolutely brand new, couldn't find a scratch on them. Since they are in sealed individual bags, not sure how someone could have even seen if they had a mark on them.

Looked like my Yugo mags, so I grabbed one and compared side by side. Same thickness, same ridging, same everything. (might even be made on the same equipment). Other than the stamp of 'made in Croatia', they are completely identical to my existing Yugo bolt hold open mags.

The couple I opened fit perfectly in my M92 AK.

If you are remotely short on AK mags, FO HARD

If I hadn't just ordered 20 .50 cal cans, I would order more. This is a hell of a deal
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Pass. I tried one of those mags and it was junk.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.I bought some from AIM when they first came out.
I have 6 Romy AK's and wouldn't fit in any one of them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Pulled the trigger on 20.

All fit like a glove in my N-Pap, M-92 and Arsenal AKs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my 5 in and they seem to fit pretty well in my wasr 10. One was a little tight, but they all fit. Also they were all sealed and brand new in oil. I don't need anymore mags now, but in the future if they run this sale again I'll buy more.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this seems to say more about the romanians than anything else.  j/k. I have a romanian RPK, a Saiga, and a couple of Yugos and I'll try these in all of them to see how they do. I got mine today and they look gorgeous...but as with all gun stuff, the proof is in the pudding.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I got 24 of them.  Tried one just to see how it worked, and it will fit in my DDI but not in either Romanian.  It's like the locking tab doohicky is too fat and needs to be filed.  It may only fit the DDI because when I got it, it wouldn't work with any mag, and I opened it up myself by filing down the mag catch lever on top.  If it was factory DDI, it may not fit it either.

I am okay with filing on them a little with a flat file.  Assuming they feed reliably, that's no biggie for this kind of value (brand new, steel, and with bolt-hold-open followers).

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I don't see any blemishes anywhere on any of the 24.  I think the "blemish" may be that you have to file the tab to get them to fit most AKs.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Edit:  Forgot to mention that I don't see any blemishes anywhere on any of the 24.  I think the "blemish" may be that you have to file the tab to get them to fit most AKs.
View Quote

That's the case, I bought some and they fit half my guns.  I'd already read the threads on AKFiles about them needing to be filed so after a couple minutes of filing/testing I had found my pickiest gun and from there it didn't take long to get mags to fit it no problem.  A trip to the range and had zero failures, so I ordered more.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Any advice on how best to clean them?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top