Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
Local place has 40 round polymer Bulgarian mags for $4 and 30 round Tapco mags fo $3. Which one should I load up on?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
both... I would go heavier on the tapco though.

Edit: the tapcos often require some fitting in tight mag wells, a few seconds with a file or just working them in and out a few times will do it, never had a function issue though,
     they are made out of some pretty tough plastic.
    If they are the bulgarian "bullet" mags with the bullet images on the side they usually have steel lined feed lips.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco is the only mag I've ever had issues with on my AK. I've never tried the 40 Bulgy's tho
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had my WASR for several years now and i've had no problems with Tapco mags personally, i recently got some of the faux Bakelite smooth Tapco mags and i'll be testing those out in a few days.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never had any issues with the Tapcos. At $3 I'd buy every one they had. I do have one of those Bulgarian polymer mags (it came with a rifle) but I've never taken it out shooting so I can't comment on their reliability. The steel-lined feed lips are a nice touch but the polymer feels more brittle than the Tapco's, so I have a sneaking suspicion that they're not as durable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up with 9 of the 40 rounders and 10 of the Tapcos for about $70. I had a few of the Bulgarian 30 and 40 rounders and never had any issues but had never used the Tapcos. If Hillary had won I would have filled a cart with every last one they had without bothering to ask here.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top