Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 12:59:03 PM EDT
Hey guys I am an AR clone guy and I am new to AKs.  Just bought a Arsenal SLR 104 in 5.45.  What magazines work best in Aresenal AKs in yalls opinion?  What is the best deal?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
the best would be the military mags, ie. E. German, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian.

as for deals, you'll find that they aren't any deals on those mags, not the military ones,  they are anywhere from 40-50 bucks.  far cry when I bought  E. German 5.45 mags for 5 bucks a pop for my 74U.   you came to the game way too late

the only deal I have seen for 74 mags are  the TAPCO AK-74 Polymer mags. they are   under 20 bucks for one.

I bought a couple of the TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI 5.56 mags for my SAR 3 and SLR 106  and they work without any issue. don't see why the TAPCO AK74 mags wouldn't be any different.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco mags work very well. They're not reinforced, so don't go a using them, but they're more than adequate for recreational shooting. If you want something more durable, you can get new Circle 10s or surplus mags. Both are pricey. Check out Apex for surplus.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I appreciate.  I wanted an Arsenal a few years ago (before the 7n6 ban) but never got around to it.  I figured I found a new one for $1,000 so I should pull the trigger.  Thanks again.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top