Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:02:37 PM EDT
I was wondering how people who have owned them like them. I know many prefer E. block surplus. I have seen a few posts where people didnt like them and many bad mouthing them who dont actually own any.

There korean so i dont expect them to be the best, but do they function well? If they are functioning range mags that is something. I have kci mags for my glock that work great, though if i were to go into battle id take the factories.

Anyway I was wondering at $6 ea its hard not to consider them  grey 30rd
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never owned one so I have nothing to contribute in terms of experience. I just wanted to note that most of the bad reviews I've seen have nothing to do with poor function or performance, they're usually one or some combination of: thin steel, poor welds, prone to rust.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Only metal AK mag I would never buy again. They function but are very tight to lock in on my Saiga. The metal seems
thinner and I would probably rather have a Promag
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Onky AK mags I'd buy from Korea is made in Best Korea's People's Patriotic Factory of Armaments No. 87.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
They rust sitting in my safe and they are the only mags I've ever had malfunctions with.

Do yourself a favor and skip 'em.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought some at that price since fleet farm was marking them down. I was skeptical about buying them but figured I would give them a try. First time out 2 magazines failed to load the first round but after that all the mags functioned fine. 1 round got caught up in the ejection port but I do not think it was mag related. I was using wolf hp if that matters any. Second time out the magazines functioned fine with no failures. I have read the mixed reviews but for me they have functioned fine. I Have only used them twice. My plan is to use them for range mags and see how well they hold up. They are not com block mags but so far I am pleased on how well they have functioned.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I just figured at $6 if they function who cares I am too old to go to war anymore and if the SHTF im grabbing one of the ARs. I dont have an AK "yet" but plan on picking one up for range fun. So I am researching what is available locally and thought a mag at $6 is a cheap way to have a dozen. So many reviews going both ways it was worth the ask. ton of bad KCI reviews as well but all of mine have worked flawlessly for a few years now

They are ugly grey so I would most likely paint them anyway. Though E. block arent that expensive at $12 either

There is always the risk of bans coming in the back of my mind too, Doubtful but its possible
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just figured at $6 if they function who cares I am too old to go to war anymore and if the SHTF im grabbing one of the ARs. I dont have an AK "yet" but plan on picking one up for range fun. So I am researching what is available locally and thought a mag at $6 is a cheap way to have a dozen. So many reviews going both ways it was worth the ask. ton of bad KCI reviews as well but all of mine have worked flawlessly for a few years now

They are ugly grey so I would most likely paint them anyway. Though E. block arent that expensive at $12 either

There is always the risk of bans coming in the back of my mind too, Doubtful but its possible
View Quote

Some people have commented on issues with them but I have had none. The Polish mags at AIM for 10 bucks ($15 shipping though ) a pop are good to go in my WASR.  Buy yourself 10-14 of em and call it a day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I've only bought one of the black 20 rounders and although it's been a tight fit in both my WASR & Draco it's functioned fine.

The 30s seem to be a little less reliable. I thought the new production was all black, are there new production grey mags as well? I've not read any good posts regarding the old grey mags though.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Since getting into AK's recently I've decided I really don't care for the big 30 round magazines hanging from my rifles. So I bought 4 of the Korean 20 round magazines. I shoot quite a lot testing ammunition here at the house and really have used the same two magazines over and over. Not a single issue yet. They're painted steel, and the paint naturally gets rubbed of from repeated insertion and removal, but I'd think that would be expected from any steel magazine.

OP where di you see them for $6?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me also add these are Korean, so I just assume theyre' South Korean.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let me also add these are Korean, so I just assume theyre' South Korean.
View Quote

North Korean mags are incredibly rare but they have occasionally gotten imported with Chinese mags.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Since getting into AK's recently I've decided I really don't care for the big 30 round magazines hanging from my rifles. So I bought 4 of the Korean 20 round magazines. I shoot quite a lot testing ammunition here at the house and really have used the same two magazines over and over. Not a single issue yet. They're painted steel, and the paint naturally gets rubbed of from repeated insertion and removal, but I'd think that would be expected from any steel magazine.

View Quote
^ this

I'd like to know where to get some at that price.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
^ this

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this

Mills Fleet Farm. So if you don't live in Iowa, Minnesota, or Wisconsin you may have a bit of a drive. They also have the Tapco ak mags for $6 so I picked up a few of them. I am waiting for the 40 round Bulgarian mags to go on clearance.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#15]
They have a website, but they don't ship??  Odd....
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Onky AK mags I'd buy from Korea is made in Best Korea's People's Patriotic Factory of Armaments No. 87.
View Quote

This. Leave AK products to the Revolutionary True Korean manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They have a website, but they don't ship??  Odd....
View Quote

They don't ship but it is not unusual to see employees pushing around carts pulling online orders.  Kind of a weird setup but that store gets more of my money than all the others combined.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Fat fingered double posted! Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I got a few of the Korean 30 rds.  They are not as heavy as the Bulgy or Romy 30 rds but they work fine as range mags. Mine are shiny black painted, I could use them for emergency reflectors .  A 9 bux each, I can't complain
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd take Tapco mags over South Koreans for the same price. I picked up four before I knew better, two still work properly but two give me random FTF's.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I have about a half a dozen of them. Work fine but definitely much thinner metal. I've stocked up on proper eastern European mags since and never use the Korean ones anymore. If there ever is another big panic I'm selling them
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought some at that price since fleet farm was marking them down. I was skeptical about buying them but figured I would give them a try. First time out 2 magazines failed to load the first round but after that all the mags functioned fine. 1 round got caught up in the ejection port but I do not think it was mag related. I was using wolf hp if that matters any. Second time out the magazines functioned fine with no failures. I have read the mixed reviews but for me they have functioned fine. I Have only used them twice. My plan is to use them for range mags and see how well they hold up. They are not com block mags but so far I am pleased on how well they have functioned.
View Quote

I did the same thing,  fleet farm had the dirt cheap, so I bought a few, they work fine not as good of quality as combloc though
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Dang. I'd buy every one they had!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#25]
By chance, are we talking about SGM Tactical Korean mags or some no name Korean mags?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#26]
The 2 I acquired somewhere (trade I think)work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#27]
SGM is copy of KCI

KCI is the one I have without any issues.

As far as I know, the company is in the U.S. now.

Watch this video

KCI USA new management
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#28]
the korean crap I got, the follower"s dimensions are wrong.

If you look at the top of the magazine, you'll see the follower sitting lower in the rear, causing random bolt overs.

You need to get your hands on a new one to see if they suffer from the same bolt over issue.

If the mags continue to have the same problem, they are not worth buying at any price.

Btw, I did fix my korean crap mags by replacing the followers.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top