Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
I placed an order with PSA a few minutes ago and saw that their new Croatian steel mags with BHO followers were on sale, went ahead and added one to the order just so see if they were any good.

Anyone else have any?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
went ahead and added one to the order just so see if they were any good.

View Quote

any milsurplus AK mag is going to be good, regardless of what country they were made in.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the 6 I received brand new required some fitting in a stamped chi-com and a milled Bulgy, but then again, so did the re finished polish milsurp mags from AIM.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

any milsurplus AK mag is going to be good, regardless of what country they were made in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
went ahead and added one to the order just so see if they were any good.

These are brand new.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Im curious as well because when I initially purchased my SLR107FR I wanted to get some steel mags with it. The non-BHO Croatian mags the store had did not fit, all were too tight. Every other steel mag I've used so far (Bulgarian commercial, Chinese flatback) fit perfectly and hopefully these newer Croatian mags will as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
It is talked about a few posts down. Here is my review after buying one -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_55/162046_Croatian_AK_mags.html&page=1#i1379604

ETA: Needless to say, when I did a large mag purchase a week ago, it was for a few dozen Polish surplus mags from AIM.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
the croatian mags are garbage. they have been since they first hit the market and continue to be. they require fitting in nearly every rifle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the croatian mags are garbage. they have been since they first hit the market and continue to be. they require fitting in nearly every rifle.
View Quote

I'll probably only be using it in one rifle so there's that.

As long as it feeds ok, I'll be happy. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and order some circle 10s sometime soon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair, those refinished polish surplus mags required fitting in my AKs as well, mainly dremeling off some of the paint on points of contact with the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To be fair, those refinished polish surplus mags required fitting in my AKs as well, mainly dremeling off some of the paint on points of contact with the magwell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone of the polish mags I got has required a lot of cleaning and fixing. The last batch I got the floor plates were put on backward (slid on from the front not the back) and none of the springs were attached to the followers. Half of the mags had dents that interfered with the follower travel. There was a decent scale of rust inside the mags.

I was kind of disappointed, but they were only $11 ea and they will all work once I am done with them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know where you got yours or what you are putting them in but the ones I got from SGammo all fit and functioned in a Maddi, two Yugo's, two rommies, and a Norinco without a problem at all.  All 10 mags.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Received the mag today, it is very tight front to back, and won't lock in without some force. It seems to be well made aside from that though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Can anyone confirm how they fit in a newer WASR?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

They fit in my WASR, they just don't function worth a crap. They don't fit in my c39
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They fit in my WASR, they just don't function worth a crap. They don't fit in my c39
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, well, almost.  8 out of 10 didn't fit very well in my WASR.  I had function problems as well (FTF).  The Croatian "maple leaf" mags seem to have the most problems in WASRS.  Granted, I may have gotten a little crazy with the dremel on the mag latch too.  Oh well, new M + M mag release on the way and I'm selling the mags and going to try something else.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the input. Don't think I'll be going with these for my WASR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The Gibbs and Croatian mags, while excellent in quality, tend to favor Serb rifles.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Gibbs and Croatian mags, while excellent in quality, tend to favor Serb rifles.
View Quote

I ordered four to try. Should be here in the next couple days.
Conveniently I have a Serbian gun. Hope this is true.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Fit well in my Century Arms Serbian underfolder and Century Arms US made RAS47.  Well made of thick metal like the Hungarian and East German mags I already had.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One fit the M92 perfect, two took a good smack but lock in and release normal after , one is probably gonna take a little work, it'll lock in, but you've really got to hit it.
Finish looks nice, floorplates seem pretty cheap and are very loose fitting, I'll try to get some rounds through them this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Ran 30 through mine, not exactly scientific but no malfunctions with my Arsenal.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top