Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2016 12:05:43 AM EDT
I ordered 5 of the re-finished Polish mags from AIM, and they are a MF'er to insert into either one of my 2 AK's. No other mag I have has been so hard to insert. Guns are a Yugo M70 underfolder and a Yugo M92. It seems like the new finish is just too thick and binds the mag up. If you have had this problem how did you fix it? I hate to just start sanding the finish off the mags, but I will if I have to do that to get them to work.

Toad
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, too much paint on the outsides of the feed lip area.  AIM told me they cost so little and it would be cost prohibitive to send them back when all I'd need to do is sand the finish down on them.  Works fine, and now my polish mag looks like it's been used.  The paint/finish is thick.  Might even be a little thick on the locking lugs.  One of my 3 had to be thusly modified to fit into my wasr.

great mags and great deal. i'll be getting several more for sure.  Can't beat them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I'll try sanding them done some and see if that works.

Thanks,

Toad
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, thick paint, sand the part that inserts in the magwell.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Strip the crappy paint, then bake some appliance epoxy onto them. I refinished a tub of the rusty/blood spattered Sportsmans Guide Romy mags that way.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top