Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2016 10:17:37 PM EDT
So, I have read that Romanian drum magazines are good to go.

This evening, while at a local outdoor retailer, I saw Century Arms International labeled, Red Army Standard branded, Romanian drum mags for sale. They were boxed in a flashy Red Army Standard box (not unlike the Red Army Standard ammo boxes).

Having read good things about Romanian drum magazines I was intrigued. However, I was also turned off by the fact that the drum magazines are apparently imported by CAI. The whole RAS47 rifle thing has made me distrust anything CAI.

So, the purpose of this post is to ask whether anyone can comment on the soundness of these drum magazines. Are the same old, good quality, Romanian drum magazines sold elsewhere without the flashy boxes, or are they something of lesser quality, and not as dependable?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
When it comes to dealing with anything Century Arms and their monkeys that work for them it all boils down to one question.

Did Century Arms just simply import the stuff and turn around and sell it as is, or did they let the drunken monkeys (who are all union) have at it and go to town "building" and "assembling" said item?

If the first thing is the case the stuff is usually good to go.  If the second part is the case, oh shit run like hell because the item is going to be more dangerous than a glock grenade.    

<removed> non technical video clip. Remember you are not in GD. dryflash3
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Understood.  From the feedback I've received on other fora, it seems that CAI imports the drums and does not alter them in any way.  Thus, they should be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Century is one of the biggest importers of firearms and firearms-related items in addition to building a few rifles themselves. To say that one is abstaining from buying anything with their name on it because they put out a few bad rifles is like throwing the baby out with the bath water is a colossal understatement.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Century is one of the biggest importers of firearms and firearms-related items in addition to building a few rifles themselves. To say that one is abstaining from buying anything with their name on it because they put out a few bad rifles is like throwing the baby out with the bath water is a colossal understatement.
View Quote

And to be clear, if you read my initial post, I absolutely did not write that I was "abstaining from buying anything with [CAI's] name on it because they put out a few bad rifles."  In fact, I noted that the issue with CAI's defective rifles had made me distrust the company.  Please do not misstate what I wrote or imply I wrote something that I did not write.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
"Romanian" drums are great.  Buy as many as you can afford. My SAR-1 was imported by Century. As far as I'm concerned a better AK doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Romanian 75 Round Drum mags are good to go, I have 3!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

To say a few bad rifles is generous . I have seen lots of bad Century rifles . If I had to guess I would say more like 15-20% . I understand every manufacturer turns out a lemon now and them . Century turns out a lot of them .

Now back to the discussion . The stuff Century imports is usually better . I will avoid discussing my experience with Century  customer service here .
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top