Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/1/2016 4:22:08 PM EDT
Are they worth a hoot?  Anyone have one?  Im looking at a 73 rounder, see that its plastic and has the clock spring thing like some others.  I also think its back loaded?

Matt
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never come across a good Promag magazine. I keep hearing they exist, but I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no fan of Promag, I've tossed a few of their hi cap mags in the trash over the years. But I have a Promag AK drum for my PTR-32 since my Romy backloader doesn't fit (the feed tower is taller on the Promag). Only had it a few months but so far it's functioned fine. Got it online from CTD for $70 a few months ago. Mainly polymer with a steel locking lug. it's also quite a bit bulkier than a steel backloader, and I had to file it to fit my PTR-32 so don't be surprised if it doesn't fit first time.

Overall the Romy/Chinese steel backloaders are better made and easier to operate. The Promag has a curved piece of metal sticking out of the back with a corresponding groove cut in the rear lid. When it's full it seems to line up pretty easily but much harder to close up when it's empty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never had a Promag work more than for failure drills
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a steel ProMag flush fit 5 rounder for the AR.  Works fine.  I don't recommend them for other than flush fit mags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Promags make for good vise blocks. That's about it.
Seriously though, I've got 2 of their AR mags, both failed. I need one of their AK mags for a vise block now
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Saiga 12 mini drums are good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably junk like most promags stuff. lol
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top