Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2015 3:17:55 PM EDT
IIRC there was a wave of green ones coming in surplus a while back. Now I'm only seeing the black ones and smoke colored Arsenal ones.

Prices seems to be $44/mag across the board. Have we seen the last wave of surplus mags?

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 99% sure that those Circle 10 5.56 AK mags were not "surplus".

The 5.45 mags, and 7.62 mags yes, but I don't think the 5.56 mags.

All the 5.56 mags I've ever seen were new made for the commercial market.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm 99% sure that those Circle 10 5.56 AK mags were not "surplus".

The 5.45 mags, and 7.62 mags yes, but I don't think the 5.56 mags.

All the 5.56 mags I've ever seen were new made for the commercial market.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

A fair argument could be made that the Gen 1 mags that came in during the early 2000's were "surplus".

Kind of a grey area (as it pertains to the definition of surplus), as they were probably more of a Circle 10 factory surplus (vice state surplus) that got sold off once the market opened up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Beryl mags are a better deal,  we will probably see a few more surplus dumps of those as Poland moves to their newer translucent mags versus the older black ones.

I keep hoping V Projekt will produce 5.55 mags,  since they are producing current 5.45 and 7. 62 ones.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top