Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2015 12:26:57 PM EDT
Afternoon guys. I'm trying to find a source for beater bakelites. I'm not picky about generation, scratches, or the like, but I'd like to do better than SGAmmo's $35/mag. The goal is to  eventually have a half dozen cut down 'tanker' bakes (three for the truck gun, three for the wife's gun).
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Its going to be hard to find any bakelite AK mags for less than what SGammo had them for.Anything under $33-35 is a great deal

I got lucky and bought 2 for $60 shipped in the EE a week or two ago but thats a rare find.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
SGAmmo is now out,

So, unless someone else has a shipment inbound we will not be seeing them at $35 again.

That was a great price as the going rate before SGA and Aim had them was routinely in the $50+ range.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they have more in. Ordered some of the last batch and they were perfect.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, went ahead and bought a bundle from SGA. Was on the fence about it until the recent happenings happened.

Edit: I'm surprised at how nice some of these mags are. Only a couple "good" condition with some use wear, everything else excellent condition and a couple show no signs of having ever been inserted into a rifle. I'm more than a little impressed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I did all the conversion on my bakes. Those are the only mags I run. Some facebook pages have people who sell them in better deal for bulk. I bought 6 and ended up paying 25 for each. I feel the same way, tank-bakes are my favorite.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]
kommandostore has some in stock. I just got mine last night. Got a Gen 3 in "Good" condition. Purchased during the black friday sale, I think I paid something around 22 bucks shipped.

Edit: just checked the website, seems they jacked up the price. looks like 40 bucks is the starting rate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Kyle, I sent a member of AKFiles four from this batch for a Tanker cut-down. I've had a hankering for a 20-round bakelite after seeing a couple pictures of the prototype 20-round 5.45x39 bakelite.

Saw a pic of a 7.62x39 mag but my dumb assed self never saved the image or bookmarked the website. I'm fairly certain it wasn't a cut-down, either.

I'm debating whether I'll send the other four nicer bakes I got from this order. If SGA still has some by Christmas, I might gift myself another several and reserve the worst of the bunch for additional bakelite tankers.
For those curious, of the dozen mags I ordered half were Tula, half were Izhmash, half had reinforced feed lips and half didn't, most are Gen 3 but I got an unusual Izzy that looks like an in between Gen 2 and 3 with reinforced feed lips. General quality was excellent; only a handful would be called "lightly used", most were in very good to excellent condition with a pair that may have been inserted into a rifle once or twice, at most, based on the paint on their rear locking lugs. Fantastic buys right now. Maybe not the most sensible magazine purchase one can make, but it sure as shit pleases the collector and amateur historian in me.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top