Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2015 9:54:03 PM EDT
I know veryi little about AK rifles, aside experiences in the sandbox... Obviously, that doesn't apply stateside (held and shot some kickass old milled Ruskies!).  

I recently bought a NIB thumbhole KBI FEG SA58 (AWB era).  No safe queen here, put 90'rounds down range this afternoon!   Now for some non-AWB furniture.

Along with it came 10 mags.  Aside from three (which I used today), all the other mags are new with grease on them, with "Made in China" stickers on them.  I if stocked these online as Chinese "flat back" magazines.  Before I go blasting away with these, are they decent?  Is there any collector value in this condition?  

Thank you for the input.

Edit to fix all caps in thread title. dryflash3
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know veryi little about AK rifles, aside experiences in the sandbox... Obviously, that doesn't apply stateside (held and shot some kickass old milled Ruskies!).  

I recently bought a NIB thumbhole KBI FEG SA58 (AWB era).  No safe queen here, put 90'rounds down range this afternoon!   Now for some non-AWB furniture.

Along with it came 10 mags.  Aside from three (which I used today), all the other mags are new with grease on them, with "Made in China" stickers on them.  I if stocked these online as Chinese "flat back" magazines.  Before I go blasting away with these, are they decent? Yes  Is there any collector value in this condition?  Depends on specific type of mag

Thank you for the input.
View Quote

Answers bolded.  Photos help
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Might wanna leave them alone and use the others. Niw will be worth more $
The ones etched on the floorplate are even more desirable.
congrate on the sa58. Those are among the best made
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
… moving on.  Thanx.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Sigh.  Reprimanded for "screaming" on an internet forum.  Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The other question will be do they have chrome followers and witness holes in the back . I would leave them alone and buy some more common ones to shoot
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]

I'm going to keep and use the three I already took to the range.  I am going to keep my eyes out for some used Circle 10 mags for shooting.  I'm not a collector, everything I own gets shot.  

I listed the mags in Marketplace (with pix).  I really don't have any need for "collector" AK magazines.   I sold three, and the buyer was thrilled.  I figure than $40 each shipped isn't bad, considering that establishments online sold them used for $30+ each + shipping…. and nobody has them in stock  If my mags make a collector or ban state guy happy, cool.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't shoot he Flat Backs with the Made in China on them.  Find some regular AK47 7.62 mags at sgammo.com at use those as your shooters.  You can always sell me the China mags if you don't want them any longer
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a couple black chineese mags and they are gtg. A little pitting, but I'd take them into battle.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top