Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2015 3:59:31 PM EDT
As it says - SG Ammo has them for really cheap, and I can confirm they have metal reinforcement on the feed lips, but does anyone have any experience with them?

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one once. The locking lug is made of plastic. That's a deal breaker for me. I'm sure they're ok for casual use, but I prefer to stockpile military grade magazines. Especially at the present market values.

Bulgarian waffle mags, on the other hand, are great. They feed my primary rifle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, more or less what I figured.  Since I have 34 Hungarian steel mags, I'm probably OK.

I was thinking of getting a bunch for the next mag panic - assuming there is one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a lug break(can't remember if it was front or back) off of the one I tried for a couple years
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco mags are better than those POS mags
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tapco mags are better than those POS mags
View Quote

Truth.  And Tapcos ain't that bad.  I've used both.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top