Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2015 4:41:57 PM EDT
What can Yugo 5.56 mags be modified to fit? As cheap and overbuilt as they are what else can they be used on?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I can tell you the M85 mags are way to thick to fit in an SLR106.  David
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I can tell you the M85 mags are way to thick to fit in an SLR106.  David
View Quote

Ya,  Ive tried them in a Galil sporter/ Saiga/ 5.45 AKs etc with no luck. Too long front to back in most, hit the center support. For $10 each I was wondering what the hell they can be modified to fit
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What can Yugo 5.56 mags be modified to fit? As cheap and overbuilt as they are what else can they be used on?
View Quote

The M90/95 rifles.  I think that's about it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/bubbajj/CIMG0014.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any company offering built m90/95 rifles or is it a get a kit/receiver kind of thing?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
They will work in a Saiga223 that has a bullet guide but only after heavy modification to the mag. 30 minutes with a file per mag and the rear lug may or my not need built up with weld. I did 12 and they work great.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any company offering built m90/95 rifles or is it a get a kit/receiver kind of thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe so. bocephus brought in kits back in about 2005 ish. Nds built receivers. Hens teeth rare now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone needs these mags, They are now $10 per mag at grab-a-gun.

EDIT:  Anyone have a SAR3 that takes Weiger mags?  They look very similar, I wonder if these would fit?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They will work in a Saiga223 that has a bullet guide but only after heavy modification to the mag. 30 minutes with a file per mag and the rear lug may or my not need built up with weld. I did 12 and they work great.
View Quote

^ this I did one just because,for a Saiga. Rumor is they can be modded to fit  a Valmet,if so this will be a great source of mags for my Valmet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Tromix modified Weigers and Tromix modified Circle 10 Bulgarians for the Valmet will work on the Yugo M85.
The M85 mags will not fit the Valmet without being modified, as they are too wide. Could be as easy as taking a belt sander to the side plates on the sides of the M85 mag...

Mick

Quoted:

^ this I did one just because,for a Saiga. Rumor is they can be modded to fit  a Valmet,if so this will be a great source of mags for my Valmet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

EDIT:  Anyone have a SAR3 that takes Weiger mags?  They look very similar, I wonder if these would fit?
View Quote

No,they are almost $25 each.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price went up it looks like, cheapest I'm seeing is $13 currently.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
$13 at cdnn
http://www.cdnnsports.com/email-specials-html/century-pap-m85-pv-30rd-5-56-223-steel-magazine.html#.VbLfkVL3anM
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The m85 mags I purchased were cheap,but have lots of sharp edges.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#14]
The mags needs some TLC but they are very solid once you smooth them out. I had one that the follower was twisted and could not be saved. One out of fourteen isn't bad. Can't complain at $10 a piece.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top