Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2015 9:43:03 PM EDT
Okay, I just saw this on AIM recently. Had no idea they came in, I tend to check their site periodically... This is the first I've seen of them:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47F30&name=Finnish+Valmet+M76+AK+30rd+7.62X39+Magazines&groupid=15

Whoever is responsible for the 'Sold Out'ness, please fess up now and give us a report of your findings!
How are they? Comparable to the Bulgy ((10))?
What is the 'extent' of the 'metal reinforcements'?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Okay, I just saw this on AIM recently. Had no idea they came in, I tend to check their site periodically... This is the first I've seen of them:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47F30&name=Finnish+Valmet+M76+AK+30rd+7.62X39+Magazines&groupid=15

Whoever is responsible for the 'Sold Out'ness, please fess up now and give us a report of your findings!
How are they? Comparable to the Bulgy ((10))?
What is the 'extent' of the 'metal reinforcements'?
View Quote

the ones aim had were junk. i bought 15 of them and returned them the same day due to looking like they were dragged behind a truck. springs are weak as well.

id rather have 3-4 surplus steel mags for the price. aim is good people.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a few of them. They were no more used looking than any other surplus mag I have bought. If I understand what I know about these mags they are test mags produced by Finland for their service rifles. They developed different colors of mags to see which plastic was strongest. Black mags won out and became the ones they issued out. The some of the various colors of green mags were sold to the US or something like that. These mags are only reinforced in the feed lips and locking tab. Bulgarian mags are superior to the Finnish because they are also metal reinforced in the spine and the endplate. Even though the Bulgarian are better I think the Finnish are more collectible.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top