Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:50:56 AM EDT
Since Primary Arms has those followers that convert mags to bolt hold open, I've been getting kind of spoiled. They don't work with the AK Pmags though, has anyone tried to convert the Pmags to hold the bolt on the last shot?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have. I have done a lot of work to my mag. I can show you how to do this. If you like. I have also sent you a PM of how I converted my 30rd mag into a tanker 20rd. For those intrested, heres the link I posted on another forum....
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/diy-magpul-ak-mag-project-20rd-113273/

I can show you what I did to mine in order to make the bolt lock on last round fired as well if you like.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure I see the point. Sgammo has yugo BHO mags in excellent shape for like 12 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a curiosity thing
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure I see the point. Sgammo has yugo BHO mags in excellent shape for like 12 bucks.
View Quote

They've been out of stock for a while.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/5-pack-30-round-ak-47-mag-excellent-new-clean-hand-pick-yugoslavian-bho-magazines

They do have the good to excellent mags but from the pics seems like it's more good than excellent.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can show you how to modify most steel AK mags into a BHO mag. Ceratin mags like the russians and romys can be done with only a pair of vise grips. Others like chinese with the rounded follower on the back have to be dremeled also.
All of my mags are BHO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/5-pack-30-round-ak-47-mag-excellent-new-clean-hand-pick-yugoslavian-bho-magazines

They do have the good to excellent mags but from the pics seems like it's more good than excellent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sam does that to be upfront and honest about the mags condition, he's showing you the most flawed ones, in my experience you get maybe one like that out of a ten-pack. And in the description he is very clear about condition of the mags.He started doing that months ago due to a jerk who was complaining about the condition of one mag out of a pack, turns out he got a North Korean mag in a batch, and was re-selling it on GB for close to a hundred bucks and was wanting Sam to swap mags for him not because the mags were bad, but because he wanted to try and get another NK and didn't want to pay for it.

I don't see any other vendor of surplus mags putting anything close to that much effort into being upfront about the condition of the product. And if you are not satisfied with a particular mag, he will usually offer to buy it back from you, seen him do it many times.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top