Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2014 3:54:46 PM EDT
back in the day in was able to get 100rnd drums for $59 circa 1992-4, of course now they are $500 and I sold the ones I had back 10 years ago for Metallica tickets.

Anyway, why isn't anyone making new ones?
I know I would be up for a few if they weren't 5 bills.....

just sayin/askin...

Happy_gopher
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I think he is talking about 7.62x39 drums. AFAIK, no country produced a 100 round 5.45 drum.

To answer the OP, I think no US company has stepped up to this due to the fact that 75 round surplus drums are still available and the cost of tooling up and producing a 100 round drum would make the product expensive enough that the market for the product would likely be quite small.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
if someone could acquire the tooling from china for the 100rnd drum they used to make, ill buy the first 200 off the line!
we would be very very happy with a ample supply of 100rnd'ers
Sean
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Beta-mag says they are coming out with a 100 rounder in 7.62x39 some day. First they told me they will start shipping early spring of 2014. I stoped after my third email last July when they basically told me "it will come out when it comes out" I think beta-mag is a fucking joke!!! I bet the S.K. come out with one in 7.62x39 before beta mag does and I bet it will be half the price.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Seeing that the chinese were the only country to make them, they should probably ship them to bulgaria, restamp them and import them here like they do with the open back 75s.

Yall do know thats where the new ones come from right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought they were coming from romania?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top