Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 8:41:58 AM EDT
I have found several IMI made synthetic 7.62x39 magazines. They are made of black polymer, hold 30 rounds, the do not appear to have metal lined feed lips or locking tab. The mags are the same length as a standard metal AK mag but appear to be wider. They have a removeable floorplate. I bought 6 of these for $30 at a local pawn shop.

Anyone else seen these, use them?

Probably will just use these for range mags....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything made by IMI automatically gets the 'benefit of the doubt' because they are famous for making weapons/parts/ammo that have to work, and they do. Of course, that doesn't mean they are good mags, just that by all rights they SHOULD BE.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
do you have pictures of said magazines?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Here-

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-025

That is the only pictures and information I could find on all of the "internets".......Very curious to me as apparently these have been around for awhile...
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.imidefense.com/catalogue/IMI-AK-Parts/AK47-74-Magazines.html

They have them in Black, Tan and OD green. It looks like they have the lines to cut them down to 20's or 10rnders
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I've thought of getting a few just to have.

Two thoughts:
#1. IMI DOES make stuff just for a market. even though it should still be good quality.

#2.  In a lot of instances I sortof think that some "thinking" is by making them all polymer and solid "enough", the polymer mags are good shoot and drop, rather than trying to retain them for long-term storage.

I don't really know, but it's one reason I've bought a bunch of $5 tapco magazines.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Metal rear lug optional. Assume front lug is plastic.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm they also have 74 mags
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hmm they also have 74 mags
View Quote

I wonder if those are for the 5.45 Tavors they made for Ukraine.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top