Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2014 3:16:09 PM EDT
I have a surplus steel mag from hungary that only seems to want to take 29. The back half of the last round just will not fit under the feed lips. The front half will. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it? Do I need to cut the mag spring or something?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
does it feed good? if so just leave it alone. I have a romy that has a dent in the bottom right side of the body and it only takes 28 rounds but it works fine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't find any dents in the follower, base plate, or body. The spring isn't bent or messed up either. It feels fine and feeds 100% with 29. It is more if an annoyance (I have OCD) than anything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
some times it just happens, mags seem to be undamaged and clean, but you just cant get that last round in there. Cant explain it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Try field stripping it and a mag that takes 30 and compare the parts. Maybe the follower is a tad longer or the mag body is a tad shorter.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you're counting wrong.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top