Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2014 3:05:27 PM EDT
So a buddy of mine who is in the military got back from Afghanistan a little while ago. He doesn't own an AK, but suddenly had 7 mags to sell. When I asked he said they were from kills in Afghanistan. They are all flat back steel mags that are in good shape (aside from being covered in some sort of powdery sand) But I have some questions. 1. Is he/I going to get fucked for having these? 2. What would you pay for flat backed steel mags? Would the fact they are from Afghan make any difference to you?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Used, probably beat up Chinese mags, $8-12 each depending on condition.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They would be cool to have knowing their history.
View Quote

For sale-used AK mags, only dropped once
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So a buddy of mine who is in the military got back from Afghanistan a little while ago. He doesn't own an AK, but suddenly had 7 mags to sell. When I asked he said they were from kills in Afghanistan. They are all flat back steel mags that are in good shape (aside from being covered in some sort of powdery sand) But I have some questions. 1. Is he/I going to get fucked for having these? 2. What would you pay for flat backed steel mags? Would the fact they are from Afghan make any difference to you?
View Quote

We weren't allowed to bring back anything from Afghanistan (weapon related) that we weren't issued, but that wouldn't be terribly hard to get around.  Just tell a joke or two to the MPs on duty when youre getting ready to leave and they'd probably let you take home stuff like mags, afghan knives, swords, cigars...etc.  I was supposed to turn in my AR mags at the airport but the guys weren't paying attention and nobody noticed (myself included) until I got home that they were still in my bags.  

As far as your buddy getting fucked, its unlikely.  The truth is, nobody cares enough to prosecute something that minor so he wouldn't get in trouble unless he like turned himself in and demanded he be prosecuted lol.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We weren't allowed to bring back anything from Afghanistan (weapon related) that we weren't issued, but that wouldn't be terribly hard to get around.  Just tell a joke or two to the MPs on duty when youre getting ready to leave and they'd probably let you take home stuff like mags, afghan knives, swords, cigars...etc.  I was supposed to turn in my AR mags at the airport but the guys weren't paying attention and nobody noticed (myself included) until I got home that they were still in my bags.  

As far as your buddy getting fucked, its unlikely.  The truth is, nobody cares enough to prosecute something that minor so he wouldn't get in trouble unless he like turned himself in and demanded he be prosecuted lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's comforting. We were both concerned. He decided to put them in a shadow box with other memorabilia from his unit and time in the military.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's comforting. We were both concerned. And he decided to put them in a shadow box with other memorabilia from his unit and time in the military.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like everybody else has said, it's not really anything to worry about. They're really not worth anything more but they're cool because they have a story. I've got a magazine from Iraq but just looking at it you'd never know it from any other mag.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
ya, there's only a few things you could get over there that are really "expensive" back here on the AK market, I got a Soviet bayonet back, but it's really worth diddly squat, however its just the fact that I got it in Afghanistan makes it really cool to me
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
No experience with Afganistan, but when leaving Iraq we were allowed to bring AK Mags and Bayonets, muzzle devices etc. They were only allowed if they were not "war trophies" so you could not pick them off a body, you had to buy them from the markets or "find" them, etc.

I would not sell them, they are memories and not worth much money wise.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top