Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2014 10:14:14 PM EDT
I've been considering getting some SGM Tactical VEPR mags. In my research I keep stumbling across claims that they "suck" or don't
work properly, but no one elaborates. Anyone here have first hand experience? If you do, and your mags didn't work properly, what
about them caused you problems? Fit? Feeding? Locking into place? Other?

Anyone have good luck with SGM mags?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
i had one for a .223 saiga and it worked fine. beefier than tapco, but obviously not circle 10. i wouldn't pay more than $10 for one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
When you say Vepr, are you talking rifle or shotgun?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Both really, but I was more curious about the shotgun mags since the VEPR mags are no longer available.

I've read the first SGM VEPR 12 mags to come out had some failure to feed problems, but that those issues have since been corrected. I'm trying
to find out what the general opinion on these mags is overall, and it would be nice to know if the shotgun mags have indeed been improved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
SGMs work fine for the saiga 223 but I would be looking at the new CSS steel mags for the Vepr. The Saiga 12 steel mags CSS makes are amazing.  They have .308 Vepr mags too but I don't know much about those.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both really, but I was more curious about the shotgun mags since the VEPR mags are no longer available.

I've read the first SGM VEPR 12 mags to come out had some failure to feed problems, but that those issues have since been corrected. I'm trying
to find out what the general opinion on these mags is overall, and it would be nice to know if the shotgun mags have indeed been improved.
View Quote

My VEPR mags from SGM suck total ass, but that being said they are the 12 round version, I have heard the 10 rounders are much better, I'm hoping AGP starts making mags
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top