Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2014 2:42:57 PM EDT
These look to be on par with the newly manufactured Serbian BHO mags that SGAmmo had. I'm partial to Zastava. However, $10.95 for a brand new BHO mag is a great deal.

Someone please make this link hot:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47CRO30&name=Croatian+Steel+AK47+Magazines+30rd+7.62x39&groupid=15
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
These look to be on par with the newly manufactured Serbian BHO mags that SGAmmo had. I'm partial to Zastava. However, $10.95 for a brand new BHO mag is a great deal.

Someone please make this link hot:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47CRO30&name=Croatian+Steel+AK47+Magazines+30rd+7.62x39&groupid=15
View Quote

They look thin like Koreans to me, but I still want one for collection, lol, need to see if Bryan will send USPS as UPS shipping sucks on just a mag or two.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a thread on the AKForum, Apex Gun Parts reports these to be a more refined version of the Serbian BHO mags and they come oiled and sealed in an airtight bag. I wouldn't worry about quality, Croatians do make a nice pistol.

I wish Aim Surplus had these in stock when I bought my 10 Bakelite mags. I'm going to ordered 10 and eat up the shipping charges.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the apex link.

"These BRAND NEW magazines are an amazing find for you AK!
Feed your rifle right with one of these Croatian magazines.

These magazines are packaged in VCI material, so you can store them for a rainy day if you need to!

These blued steel magazines have a follower that holds the bolt open after the last round is fired, just like the Yugoslavian manufactured bolt hold open magazines.

These magazines are mil-spec, and are almost identical in construction and design to Yugoslavian AK47 magazines.

All magazines will have an oily coating on them, inside the VCI package (not sticky, and easily wiped away).

VCI Packaging is designed for long-term storage without degradation of the metal components within.

Once the package is opened, anti-corrosion and waterproofing are no longer guaranteed."

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting, might grab a pack of 10.

They look very nice.

Anyone know if the ones AIM is selling comes in the sealed bag like Apex is selling?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They look very nice.

Anyone know if the ones AIM is selling comes in the sealed bag like Apex is selling?
View Quote

They should be the same, I'm sure Aim took the mag out of the wrapper for display purposes. According to Apex Gunparts, there was only one shipment of these mags to the U.S. so far.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They should be the same, I'm sure Aim took the mag out of the wrapper for display purposes. According to Apex Gunparts, there was only one shipment of these mags to the U.S. so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look very nice.

Thanks, for the info.

Going to watch the inventory on both sites and hope someone gets them to do a review before i commit to 10.

If inventory gets too low for my liking i'll just grab them and find out when they are delivered.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered 13 from AimSurplus, I couldn't pass it up for the price. This amount will fill 3 mag pouches and one mag for display purposes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
So are these GTG?  I'm tempted, but I don't like the giant Canadian Maple leaf.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Electrical tape.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's an oak leaf native to Croatia and a national symbol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]
are there any range reports on these?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking of buying two and testing them in all my AK to see it if fit and function well.  Anyone interesting in a review from me?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look very nice.

Ok,its confirmed. I read on AIMs facebook comments that these do come sealed in the bags like Apex's mags.

Gonna grab some before the panic buyers get them all
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wouldn't worry about quality, Croatians do make a nice pistol.

View Quote
Both the HS2000s and first XD pistols were notorious for cracked locking blocks. This was due to their use of a 90 degree cut on the impact surface of the locking block. Later XDs had rounded corners, but that was after they already sold a shit ton of pistols. The problem was more prevalent in .40 and .357s, but it also happened on 9mm guns. This was a widespread issue in the early years of that gun's history. I had an HS2K that developed the crack.

Me, personally, I won't be the test dummy for Croatian gun products anymore.

But please, somebody tell us how these things flush out
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Any promo codes for shipping?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Both the HS2000s and first XD pistols were notorious for cracked locking blocks. This was due to their use of a 90 degree cut on the impact surface of the locking block. Later XDs had rounded corners, but that was after they already sold a shit ton of pistols. The problem was more prevalent in .40 and .357s, but it also happened on 9mm guns. This was a widespread issue in the early years of that gun's history. I had an HS2K that developed the crack.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't worry about quality, Croatians do make a nice pistol.

What weapon is perfect the first time up? That why there are revisions and product improvement programs to fix the discrepancies.

With the correct tooling, magazines are not hard or complicated to manufacture. Research the Fleur De Lis magazines from Croatia/Bosnia.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up 10 from Apex as the shipping to my house was cheaper. I bought a bunch of surplus Yugos from AIM a couple months back...they cleaned up nice except one with a broken spring. Never touched a new steel AK mag outside of Korean.. I'm sure these will be fine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There's a thread on the AKForum, Apex Gun Parts reports these to be a more refined version of the Serbian BHO mags and they come oiled and sealed in an airtight bag. I wouldn't worry about quality, Croatians do make a nice pistol.

I wish Aim Surplus had these in stock when I bought my 10 Bakelite mags. I'm going to ordered 10 and eat up the shipping charges.
View Quote

I'm sitting here looking at the pics, and I have Korean mags and both are thin compared to any of my other wide variety of surplus mags. That sheet metal is not up to old combloc thickness specs. I can see gaps between the welds on the front fold. The feed lip area re-inforcements are thinner than normal.

Not saying they won't perform fine, just seeing a big difference in ways that might effect strength. For about the same price, the Hungarian mags at SGammo look like a much more robust mag to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What weapon is perfect the first time up? That why there are revisions and product improvement programs to fix the discrepancies.

With the correct tooling, magazines are not hard or complicated to manufacture. Research the Fleur De Lis magazines from Croatia/Bosnia.
View Quote
Off the top of my head, the P7, USP, P2000, HK45, and P30 didn't have massive product breakages, regardless of vintage. I have some S&W no-dash, pre-lock revolvers that would also fit this description.

How can they fuck this up? Anything's possible. Watching the video showing the manufacture of Yugo mags, I wouldn't say it's child's play. It doesn't require a massive R&D project or a large engineering department, but it will require attention to detail.

I simply don't think the HS2000 is much of a laurel to be resting on.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Off the top of my head, the P7, USP, P2000, HK45, and P30 didn't have massive product breakages, regardless of vintage. I have some S&W no-dash, pre-lock revolvers that would also fit this description.    

How can they fuck this up? Anything's possible. Watching the video showing the manufacture of Yugo mags, I wouldn't say it's child's play. It doesn't require a massive R&D project or a large engineering department, but it will require attention to detail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never critically acclaimed the HS2000, I stated  pistol in general. You proved your point about the HS2000, my experience is based of the XDM 9 which I considered to be of quality.

AK magazine production is not that complicated, even the North Koreans manufacture their own magazines. If Croatian products scare you I get it, I'd be interested in a magazine review from you. Put up or shut up

For those on the fence, member TRAAK's on The AKForum has them in his possession and posted a review.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#21]

These BRAND NEW magazines are an amazing find for you AK!
Feed your rifle right with one of these Croatian magazines.

These magazines are packaged in VCI material, so you can store them for a rainy day if you need to!

These blued steel magazines have a follower that holds the bolt open after the last round is fired, just like the Yugoslavian manufactured bolt hold open magazines.

These magazines are mil-spec, and are almost identical in construction and design to Yugoslavian AK47 magazines.

All magazines will have an oily coating on them, inside the VCI package (not sticky, and easily wiped away).

VCI Packaging is designed for long-term storage without degradation of the metal components within.
Once the package is opened, anti-corrosion and waterproofing are no longer guaranteed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Now, the hunt is on for a Croatian mag pouch. Any leads?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now, the hunt is on for a Croatian mag pouch. Any leads?
View Quote

I have seen several on ebay in the past.

Try different searches to find them as most sellers just list them as mag pouches or AK pouch.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaa,,,,you mean just like our friends to the north. Le Cannooks......
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. America's hat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got 10 from Apex.  Fast shipping!  Ordered on Sunday, got here today.  In a word, they are BEAUTIFUL.  These are the first new, unissued steel AK mags I've ever owned.  All the ones I've bought before had at least a little wear on them.  I'm almost hesitant to load them up and run them, don't want to mar the surface, but magazines are meant to be sacrificed and not preserved.  I may try some out this weekend.  

As for them being like Korean mags...I've never seen a Korean mag up close but I have plenty of Chinese and Combloc varieties, and these Croatian magazines definitely feel like the same weight and thickness as those.  Pretty darn sure they are duty grade.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I was ordering some other parts from Apex so I got one mag just because.  Came in today.  Looks nice and feels just a solid as others but the stamping is more crude than my other Yugo mags and there is about 1/2 the spot welds holding the mag together.  Probably still worth the $10 though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I got the 8 I ordered from AIM in today.  One of the baseplates came off sometime after the bag was sealed and that was kinda an oily mess.  Overall the mags look and feel sturdy.  They fit with no issues in my SGL-61 and AES-10B but would not fit in my 1960 Milled clone from CAI.  Wouldnt lock up and was very tight.  I am happy with my purchase.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]
It took some work, but my M1960 and milled MAK-90 would accept these mags.  They rocked right in on M92.  They are well made mags; hopefully the NEW wears off.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top