Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 7:47:52 AM EDT
was wondering if any one here is using them, and how they like them , has any body had any problems with them , and do they lock up tight in the rec.  just curious is all ....Ken
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Forgot these were coming out....just ordered some from midway!  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 AK PMAGs and I had to file them to fit my WASR 10/63. I have to do the same thing with Tapco so I know my magwell is the issue and not the PMAGs. All metal combloc mags fit in my AK without any issues. The AK PMAG does rattle (swings left to right) in my AK but I have not experience any issues (like failed to feed) with them in my limited time with them.

Here's a good review on the PMAGS.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSjNoqGqXk
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rIst0B6N7w
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The lock up fine in  my Yugo M70 and my SLR 107.  100% functional, no issues.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:26:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2 AK PMAGs and I had to file them to fit my WASR 10/63. I have to do the same thing with Tapco so I know my magwell is the issue and not the PMAGs. All metal combloc mags fit in my AK without any issues. The AK PMAG does rattle (swings left to right) in my AK but I have not experience any issues (like failed to feed) with them in my limited time with them.

View Quote

thanks for the links aznjunkie , as far as torturing mags , freezing them and dropping them on a metal plate with my AK attached will probable never happen , next local gun show I'll pick up one to try but for now I think I'll stay with my original steel mags , I dont hardly use any of the 30rders I have , just use the 20rd Hungarian tanker mags when we go to the range ... thanks for the help guys ..
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I can buy TAPCO mags for $6 shipped.

Both are only suited for range mags, so I'd rather take the cheap route and spend my money on steel.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Embedded the 2nd, full video.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mind posting a link? I can use some more range mags. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was from Funk Ammo

I would keep looking as they've been sold out before only to receive another shipment a week later.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Both are only suited for range mags, so I'd rather take the cheap route and spend my money on steel.
View Quote

I use Tapco AK 20 rounders, which I like better overall than 30's in both AK and AR.

Rock solid, never had a failure. Only 20's I've found can trust for AK, since I ain't paying 30 clams for the Hungarian ones.

Of course, I have a goodly stash of commblock steel 30's too.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Wish Tapco would expand their line and make slabside 20s. I hate the fat base of their waffle mags.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wish Tapco would expand their line and make slabside 20s. I hate the fat base of their waffle mags.
View Quote

This and add metal reinforcements like they SHOULD have done when they created the "slab side" mag. They had the perfect opportunity to be the "must have" mag alternative to ((10))'s. Instead they flubbed it up by smoothing out their everyday polymer mag. Major fail. Now it's just "another" poly mag. Everyone is salivating waiting for the metal reinforced Pmag and Toth mags, when Tapco could have been light years ahead of them had they done what they should have.
I'm very disappointed with Tapco for this oversight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe Toth tool will make steel reinforced 20  rounders
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#13]
DSG is selling packs of them cheap, about 10 bucks a mag IIRC.

JMHO, but the mags haven't been well received, and after the initial fanboy buying spree it looks to me like vendors are stuck with a bunch of them, give it some time and you'll be able to get them for under 10 bucks each easily if you just have to have a plastic AK mag that doesn't say "Tapco" on it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#14]
They would have been received better if Magpul hadn't spoiled them with the news of the sequel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Just bought an AK PMag, have several tapcos.  I must say, I am not impressed with the PMag.  Fit and finish is a little better on the PMag, both require fitting for my WASR and bulgy milled, but the PMag is much much thinner in the feed lips.  Maybe range time tomorrow, so we'll see
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
p mags fit perfect and tight in my npap underfolder, so did tapco mags.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]
IIRC, Magpul says the feed lips on their mags are thinner than the Tapcos because they use a better polymer. I don't know if that's true or not.

After reading some negative stuff about the Magpuls I was not planning on getting any, but came into one in a good deal. After trying it out a bit, I like it. It fits great, works fine. Obviously it'd be nice if it was the updated steel reinforced version, but there's a big price difference between the two.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top