Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:18:07 AM EDT
I just bought my first AK47 (slr101) and I hear good things about these magazines:

Bulgarian polymer 30-rd magazine with metal reinforced feed lips, Steel lugs

"Waffle Pattern" 30 rd. Original Bulgarian Black Polymer 7.62x39

And then theres is waffle magazine, 30 rd. Original Bulgarian Black Polymer Body with U.S. made Floor Plate and U.S. made Follower.  

Pretty confused.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The Bulgy 'circle 10' waffles are more expensive than the slabs because KVAR installs the USA follower and floor plate. These are used by those who need two USA-made parts for their 922r compliance scheme. The 'circle 10' waffles have the full steel lugs and feed lip liners, while the slabs have the steel liners but polymer lugs. This is based on the slab-sided mag shown being the same one I recently bought - same marking.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Slab sides are commercial, waffles are military.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Bulgy 'circle 10' waffles are more expensive than the slabs because KVAR installs the USA follower and floor plate. These are used by those who need two USA-made parts for their 922r compliance scheme. The 'circle 10' waffles have the full steel lugs and feed lip liners, while the slabs have the steel liners but polymer lugs. This is based on the slab-sided mag shown being the same one I recently bought - same marking.
 The waffle mags are also available w/o the US parts for a cheaper price.  These mags are considered the best non steel mags around. GARY

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the same rifle that you do, got it a week ago.

I have three magazine types so far:

1) Circle 10 Waffle mags - bought from K-Var.  You do not need the US parts to stay compliant on your 101S so you can save a few bucks.
Fit great

2) Polish Steel mags (the 18 dollar "new" ones)
Fit great

3) US Palm
1 didn't fit out of the box (rear lip had to be filed all the way down to the metal sides (used a diamond stone) for the mag catch to catch instead of lock up). It is now my dedicated 'speed load' traning mag as I don't mind smacking it against the charging handle. The others are being returned. I will likely buy some more of the waffles.

File Job on the US palm the little 'ledges' are where the mag-catch was binding.

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top