Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:28:22 PM EDT
Is there really a difference between single stack bolts and double

stack bolts?

Saw a thread about this subject "somewhere" else.....

How could I not know...or remember...this?!......

Tried to find a good picture of a Maadi bolt on the 'net to compare

mine too...but couldn't find just the right picture...
-

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
On single stack bolts the portion that strips the round from the mag is much smaller.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Yes.
On single stack bolts the portion that strips the round from the mag is much smaller.

Never knew that. Just compared my wasr 10 that i converted to double stack and its bolt is narrower across the bottom than my other romanian bolts.

Are all WASRs this way?

Any functional difference between the two?

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes.

Never knew that. Just compared my wasr 10 that i converted to double stack and its bolt is narrower across the bottom than my other romanian bolts.

Are all WASRs this way?

Any functional difference between the two?

I only ever owned one WASR, not sure if they are all like that or not, but mine was. I know they come into the country with a single stack mag well, so I imagine they likely are, but am not 100% certain.
It can cause feed issues. The PAP rifles and pistols are hit or miss with having feed issues and they come with single stack bolts. WASRs seem to run well with single stack bolts, you rarely here of issues with it.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top