Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 5:24:39 PM EDT
First off yes I know that the PWS MK1 is properly considered a piston AR but I wanted to ask about ammo since the one I got is chambered in 7.62x39. I don't have any experience with AK ammo other than the AKs I got to play with in afghanistan. So I'm asking for some recommendations for rounds that provide a decent balance of reliability and accuracy and something that is somewhat clean firing. I know most of the stuff comes from overseas and is steel cased. The representative for PWS recommended Wolf, Tulammo, and Red Army Standard. I have never had any luck with tulammo and have no experience with Wolf or Red Army. They all have mixed reviews depending on who you ask. Golden Tiger seems to be a good round but it seems that it is only recommended for SKS and AK-47s due to needing a heavy hammer spring. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You lucky SOB. I wish I was rich enough to have a Diablo so bad heh.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First off yes I know that the PWS MK1 is properly considered a piston AR but I wanted to ask about ammo since the one I got is chambered in 7.62x39. I don't have any experience with AK ammo other than the AKs I got to play with in afghanistan. So I'm asking for some recommendations for rounds that provide a decent balance of reliability and accuracy and something that is somewhat clean firing. I know most of the stuff comes from overseas and is steel cased. The representative for PWS recommended Wolf, Tulammo, and Red Army Standard. I have never had any luck with tulammo and have no experience with Wolf or Red Army. They all have mixed reviews depending on who you ask. Golden Tiger seems to be a good round but it seems that it is only recommended for SKS and AK-47s due to needing a heavy hammer spring. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
View Quote
Bro: run Golden tiger or Wolf (green box/lacquer), you will be GTG. If you are using a Mil-spec trigger you should be fine because PWS BCG has an enhanced firing pin installed.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top