Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2017 2:18:03 AM EDT
Got some of these in a purchase recently, never seen them before, they feel light.  Headstamp is 04 or 05 on the top if you're looking at the head, 88 or 79 (assuming this is year of manufacture) on the bottom.  Cases are standard green or grey lacquered steel.

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly what they look like, and they do feel very light in the nose, I bet you're right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, same purple primer sealant even, thanks all.

So what do I do with them?  Do they cycle an AK?  Sell em to nooblettes for $1 each?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, same purple primer sealant even, thanks all.

So what do I do with them?  Do they cycle an AK?  Sell em to nooblettes for $1 each?
View Quote

They will cycle an AK,they are nylon core practice rounds.

Blister packs of 10 rounds usually go for @$5-6

Primers might be corrosive so be aware
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
They are East German training rounds . Plastic filled steel jacket , will punch 1/2 of plywood at 25 yards most of the time beyond that it gets iffy . They are corrosive primed . They are fun to shoot .
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]
They also made a Trainer Tracer that has a all green bullet.  Still with the plastic core and steel jacket.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top