Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:58:47 AM EDT
Has anyone ever fired or even heard of a special type of ammo made by a company called RBCD performance ?. Its a 37 grain thats right  it's a 37 grain sabot round that moves like lightning 3700 ft per second. It looks like a dart kind of. Is this for real ? Couldn't find much about it but it is available online. It looks like the sabot round a m1a1 tank fires ironically, any feed back would be appreciated. Is this even safe for your rifle ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm not even going to waste my time clicking the link or even googling it. It's junk. Don't waste your money. Anyone remember Remington sabot flop. The Accelerator.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I really wish these ammo makers would gel test there products for us consumer's to decide. Has anyone bought this ammo ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really wish these ammo makers would gel test there products for us consumer's to decide. Has anyone bought this ammo ?
View Quote

Ammunition manufacturers do, at least reputable ones do. The ones that do not test, know they're selling junk. If this was some revolutionary ammo that defied physics, these guys would be knocking on the door of every police agency and secret squirrel organization in the world. Again the stuff is junk. I'd be surprised if you got 6moa out of it.
To answer your last question, no. I'd rather buy a case of Molson XXX. The headache would be about the same but at least I'd have some money left over and not as disappointed.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems optimistic .
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If you reload sabot rounds cheep.

I have a few 30/22 Cal sabot left. And they work well out of my 308 rifle.

If you get some 5.7 a.p. rounds ( a member was selling some in the e.e.)

And  quick Google came up either  these http://www.eabco.net/Accelerator-Type-Sabots-for-30-Caliber-Cartridges-100_p_13645.html

You can make 7.62x39 a.p. rounds for little $$$
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a few 30/22 Cal sabot left. And they work well out of my 308 rifle.

If you get some 5.7 a.p. rounds ( a member was selling some in the e.e.)

And  quick Google came up either  these http://www.eabco.net/Accelerator-Type-Sabots-for-30-Caliber-Cartridges-100_p_13645.html

You can make 7.62x39 a.p. rounds for little $$
View Quote

Define "work well"
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I only  shot out to 100 but shot close to my normal load.

It work well enough to take a rabbit at 80 yards and not destroy it.

I haven't tried the 5.7 AP bullets.

I wanted to buy a small lot from the person that selling them n the EE but he didn't want to sell in very little batch. And for my budget his price is out of my reach for the lots he has listed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Define "work well"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can make 7.62x39 a.p. rounds for little $
Define "work well"
Just found FaceBook page for this
Everything Sabot FB group
they've got some data & How-To's in that group.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top