Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2016 12:36:09 AM EDT
I'm just sort of delving into this caliber. I handload so I've been looking for brass and found it's difficult to find for less than about 20¢ per each. At that price, adding in a primer, powder and a bullet, it's going to cost a bare minimum of 50¢ per round to handload. I don't mind this because I have little doubt handloads will be better than steel case Russian stuff. Enter Geco brass case, boxer primed ammunition. It can be purchased cheaper than one can handload and after it's fired, cheap brass!!

Sportmans Guide- Geco 7.62x39 Ammunition

Use the 30 Day Membership free trial and free shipping code SH1781 and shipped prices are as follows:

260 rds.- 37.6¢ per round
 500 rds.- 36.2¢ per round
1000 rds.- 35.6¢ per round

Cheapest brass cased, reloadable ammunition I've found anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The 30 day "free" membership is automatically renewed to be a member which is not cheap!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I cancelled mine a few days before the auto-renewal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They never say 'copper jacket' but they do say lead core non-magnetic bullet, which along with the picture indicates a copper jacket to me. I can see myself trying some of this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty good deal!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Lax Ammo - Geco 7.62x39

I did a search on ArfCom and haven't seen bad reviews of Lax Ammo in the 30 seconds I looked.

Link to AR-15 Ammunition discussion on Lax Ammo

No membership to buy at the LaxAmmo folks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lax Ammo - Geco 7.62x39

I did a search on ArfCom and haven't seen bad reviews of Lax Ammo in the 30 seconds I looked.

View Quote

I've bought from LAX several times with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, hows it shoot?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, hows it shoot?
View Quote

Just a few threads down

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_54/161973_Re__Any_reviews_of_Geco_7_62x39mm_ammo_.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm just sort of delving into this caliber. I handload so I've been looking for brass and found it's difficult to find for less than about 20¢ per each. At that price, adding in a primer, powder and a bullet, it's going to cost a bare minimum of 50¢ per round to handload. I don't mind this because I have little doubt handloads will be better than steel case Russian stuff. Enter Geco brass case, boxer primed ammunition. It can be purchased cheaper than one can handload and after it's fired, cheap brass!!

Sportmans Guide- Geco 7.62x39 Ammunition

Use the 30 Day Membership free trial and free shipping code SH1781 and shipped prices are as follows:

260 rds.- 37.6¢ per round
 500 rds.- 36.2¢ per round
1000 rds.- 35.6¢ per round

Cheapest brass cased, reloadable ammunition I've found anywhere.
View Quote

Awesome post, thanks! I love Geco ammo/brass, especially in 9mm and .45acp because it's so pristine and accurate out of my CZ's. I stock Geco ball in these calibers almost exclusively because it's such high quality and the brass is so nice. I have no doubt that you are going to have some very nice brass cased hand loads for this caliber. However, for what it's worth, I've noticed some surprisingly pretty damned good groups with Wolf Mil-Spec 123gr Hollow Point "Green Box" ammo... Shot out of a Yugo M70ABM, and all for about 26 cents a round delivered. I'm consistently getting 2-3 MOA from a bench at 100 yards. Your hand loads will fare better for sure but the aforementioned ammo is very good for its price, when it comes back in stock that is...
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lax Ammo - Geco 7.62x39

I can vouch for LAX being legit. I've ordered from them 4-5 times in the past year or three. Everything came as described/advertised at a good price. Shipping was on time and the packaging was noteworthy for keeping the ammo together and untouched...
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Anything cheaper with a 7.62x39 non-magnetic bullet?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Geco is good stuff, made in Hungary, non corrosive and non magnetic. Accuracy is as good as Privi Partizan. Also available from Cheaper Than Dirt and SGAmmo.

Problem is finding it in stock, it goes fast. Right now I can't find any available. This stuff is harder to get than Golden Tiger.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top