Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2016 12:08:50 AM EDT
I traded into a tin + some boxes of this stuff.

Seller said it was non-corrosive, and the box says it is non corrosive, but can anyone say with certainty what/where it came from and if it is corrosive, mildly corrosive, non-corrosive, etc.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It came from Ulyanovsk Arsenal and Manufacturing Plant.  It's non corrosive.

Should be GTG
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why they call a FMJ a hunting cartridge?
I have some SP that are called hunting cartridges.
The wild life must be tougher in Russia. LOL
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Some lots of Uly white box have been known to be corrosive, despite being marked as non-corrosive. I believe, however, that it was all contract ammo, not Uly branded ammo like what you have.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand why they call a FMJ a hunting cartridge?
I have some SP that are called hunting cartridges.
The wild life must be tougher in Russia. LOL
View Quote

To play up its "sporting" nature. Different countries have different ideas about what is an "appropriate" use for a firearm (or a particular class of firearms/calibers) and, let's face it, alluding to any purpose other than sporting would raise some unwanted attention on this side of the ocean as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Sold as non-corrosive by reputable retailers. No poor reviews that I've seen so far.
Corrosive is corrosive. Mildly corrosive is like a little bit pregnant.
If you don't want it, send it my way.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all

I appreciate it
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Uly brought us some good ammo, but did have a couple shipments sold as non-corrosive that turned out to be corrosive. I'd treat it as corrosive until you can confirm otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uly brought us some good ammo, but did have a couple shipments sold as non-corrosive that turned out to be corrosive. I'd treat it as corrosive until you can confirm otherwise.
View Quote

Klimovsk is the manufacturer known to have recently exported corrosive primed 7.62x39mm marked as non-corrosive. Ulyanovsk has always been as advertised with the exception of some lots of very early (1992) product with their military headstamp code "3".

I would be confident that the ammunition in the OP is in fact non-corrosive.

1DD
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
IME Ulyanovsk is often undercharged but is otherwise G2G
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top