Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:58:57 PM EDT
Hello all. I've had a 5.45 for a while now and have primarily been using wolf ammo. Today I purchased 3 crates and 1 spam can, total of 7 spam cans,  each having 1080 rounds. Guy I got if from said it's        Russian surplus ammo. I got it at an ok price of $50 per can.

The cans are green and somewhat rectangular shaped, what exactly do I have?

Anyone familiar with it? Is it OK to shoot? Also, how can I open the spam can?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It's most likely Russian 7n6, and the crates come with a can opener in them.
If he sold it to you for $50 a can, go buy all of it.

It's a 52-53gr bullet, lacquered steel case with sealed case mouth and primer pocket.
It is mildly corrosive ammo, but it shoots great; just rinse with water to remove the corrosive salts then clean as you regularly would.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello all. I've had a 5.45 for a while now and have primarily been using wolf ammo. Today I purchased 3 crates and 1 spam can, total of 7 spam cans,  each having 1080 rounds. Guy I got if from said it's        Russian surplus ammo. I got it at an ok price of $50 per can.

The cans are green and somewhat rectangular shaped, what exactly do I have?

Anyone familiar with it? Is it OK to shoot? Also, how can I open the spam can?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you got it at $50 per can you got a deal of the century. Buy all you can get.

It's most likely 7n6, which is a great round. Just rinse off the gun with water after shooting, as its corrosive.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like 7N6 (Russian surplus) to me as well. As mentioned above, each crate should have a can opener, and that's exactly how it works. Online price for that is over $400 a crate (two tins per crate), so yea, I'd say you bagged a bargain.

I have seen new production non-corrosive 5.45x39 in the same sized tin, that's about $250 a tin. But none of that comes in a wooden crate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
russian 7n6

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Yes, this is what I bought. I'm getting the last 4 cans he has this week. Fellow I got it from said he bought it a long time ago for what he is selling it to me for.  After this week I should have over 11k rounds for $550. More than likely never use it all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
That's better than an OK price! You absolutely fucking stole that ammo!

The cheapest I ever saw it was in December 2009 Century Arms had a warehouse full of it they needed to clear out to make room for other incoming shipments.

They sold it for $108 per can delivered.  I bought 10 cans at that price and 2 TGI Truck Guns to shoot it out of.

You are the luckiest SOB in the world, that works out to being cheaper than .22 ammo!

Great score OP, if you ever want to double your money on a few cans let me know!
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, this is what I bought. I'm getting the last 4 cans he has this week. Fellow I got it from said he bought it a long time ago for what he is selling it to me for.  After this week I should have over 11k rounds for $550. More than likely never use it all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

7n6 was never that cheap, ever. You telling some tall tales OP?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
$1600 worth of ammo for $350??? You won the lottery!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Like others have said, if you got it for $50 a tin, it was a steal. I came into the 5.45 game late (in the last 4 years) and I usually get it for around $200-$210 a tin. One time I saw a crate of it for sale in Kansas City on Armslist for $300. Needless to say I called in a favor to a friend that lived there to pick it up for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#12]
That is less than I paid years ago when I stocked up. I paid about .09 cents per round
It is over double that now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh that's a beauty of a stack!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top