Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 11:10:50 AM EDT
I tried to use the search to no avail.

Have you experienced any significant vertical deviation with all the different low cost/surplus/Russian ammo?

I shot a two inch, 10 shot group at 50 yards yesterday and then had about a 5 inch vertical shift with some other steel cased ammo.

I mix all my ammo together, so I am not sure which was which.

I understand minute of man and all of that. I am just trying to understand what is realistic under real world conditions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Brands will vary. Even lots in the same brand will vary. The best thing is to pick one and go with it. Golden Tiger is a good choice when you can get it. Certain kinds of Wolf are okay. Whatever you go with, set your sights for it and from then on just shoot.
To the question, you could easily see a 2" difference in horizontal and/or vertical point of impact between different ammo brands/types/age.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response.

A lot of this game is knowing what is reasonable/acceptable and what is not. I just want to be realistic in my expectations.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Mixing your ammo is not a good way to see what your rifle/ammo is capable of. 5" vertical change in POI could be ammo related but there are too many variables and no information to go on to help you out.. Seems extreme for 50 yards... In my experience, pretty much all of the 7.62x39 I've ever fired ove the past 25 years hit pretty much center of mass at 50 yards...

1DD
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top