Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2015 8:18:10 AM EDT
Heads up palmetto state armory has Prvi ammo for 7 bucks a box.  Can't beat that for brass cased copper jacketed soft point or fmj.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a 500 round case for a gift,,,,,  It shot fine.....
Quoted:
Heads up palmetto state armory has Prvi ammo for 7 bucks a box.  Can't beat that for brass cased copper jacketed soft point or fmj.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Never used their x39 stuff, but all the PRVI stuff I've used in other calibers has been fine. Their 75-grain bthp match is one of my favorite .223 loads.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never used their x39 stuff, but all the PRVI stuff I've used in other calibers has been fine. Their 75-grain bthp match is one of my favorite .223 loads.
View Quote

Came to post this.  Don't know why I never thought about getting any Prvi 7.62x39.

Hard to believe they can make it in Serbia, ship it here and it's still cheaper than domestic.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Privi is very hot and put together nicely.

Next to the Hornady steel case, it's the sweet spot between price and performance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a good deal, I think their regular price is $12/box and last time it was on sale (and it goes on sale pretty regularly) was $8/box. I don't go thru much brass 7.62x39, usually only when it's cold and I'm shooting indoors, but I like the Privi over the Red Army Elite and it's not much more than steel when PSA has it on sale.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a good deal, I think their regular price is $12/box and last time it was on sale (and it goes on sale pretty regularly) was $8/box. I don't go thru much brass 7.62x39, usually only when it's cold and I'm shooting indoors, but I like the Privi over the Red Army Elite and it's not much more than steel when PSA has it on sale.
View Quote

If I wouldn't have already stocked up on lots of steel case, wolf, tula and golden tiger, I would have bought a ton of it and never used steel case bimetal jacket in my AR47.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some 'Red Army Elite' ammo not too long ago, which is the same PPU 7.62x39 brass cased stuff that is nicely made. Non-corrosive, sealed primers, brass cased, and a great price.

I got some off of J&G Sales, I think this might be my new be-all-end-all AK ammo...

This: http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-red-army-elite-123gr-fmj-ammo,-180rd-range-pack,-brass-case,-copper-jacket.-p-67599.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. In fact, I made a 16" 1:7 middy specifically to shoot that ammo. I would trust anything they make. I have some of their soft, round-nose 123 gr 7.62x39 too.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top