Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/16/2015 12:15:05 PM EDT
Box says non-corrosive.  Ammo made in the Ukraine, distributed by Century Arms.  What is everyone's experience with this ammo?  I was recently given 100 rounds of this ammo because the Yugo M70AB2 that the ammo was purchased for was totally trashed by shooting corrosive ammo in it.  I don't know if this HOTSHOT ammo was what did or not, but now I'm concerned about shooting this ammo in my WASR-10.  So guys, what's the consensus, Hotshot 763x39  ammo from the Ukraine - go or no go?  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall any reports of corrosive commercial ammo coming from Lugansk.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been told Hotshots is rebranded Red Army Standard. Never gotten or heard of any corrosive lots sold under either brand.
Only commercially sold 7.62x39 I've ever seen that was sold as non-corrosive but was corrosive was some Wolf that came out years ago.
Only ammo available today that's I'm aware of as corrosive is Yugo M67. Most of that is brass cased but SGAmmo had some that was steel cased.
Either do the nail test to check for corrosive or clean it as if it is...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree that the only corrosive ammo commercially available these days is Yugo. As far as I know.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
There was some "contract" Wolf and white box Klimovsk that had corrosive primers in the mix, but I've never heard of it happening with Ukrainian-sourced ammo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I know TULAMMO says its not but I believe it is. Shot some out of my sks 1 time and got busy after the shoot and didn't get back to cleaning it until the next day or day after and there were some rust spots on the gas piston. So there for I treat all of the combloc 7.62x39 as if it is corrosive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:58:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Non.

Ran fine and reliable in my sks
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top