Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/11/2015 10:02:18 AM EDT
I usually buy 7.62x39 a case at a time at 500 to 1,000 rounds. Does anyone buy it in larger quantities, say 2,000 or more? Do you get a price break?

Specifically, non corrosive new production ammo (GT, S/B/G Bear, etc). Not mil surplus.

Obviously I could buy multiple 1,000 round cases, but I'm looking for a better price through quantity. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Sgammo.com

I just get the 500/1000 case at a time or if the 1280 case is on sale I'll do that
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I check multiple places. Aimsurplus, Wideners, and SGammo are three I always check.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I check multiple places. Aimsurplus, Wideners, and SGammo are three I always check.
View Quote

Do you find larger quantities?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SGAmmo gives you a pretty decent break on shipping if you order larger quantities.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Sgammo.com
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

These are my main three as well. Be careful with Wideners though. Several folks have reported stolen card numbers after buying there and I too had to have a card replaced shortly after ordering from them. I don't have proof it was their issue, but it seems like a trend.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to shop Widener's a lot, but their shipping rates kill most deals.  SGAmmo is twice as far from me as Widener's yet their shipping cost half as much.  Go figure ......
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These are my main three as well. Be careful with Wideners though. Several folks have reported stolen card numbers after buying there and I too had to have a card replaced shortly after ordering from them. I don't have proof it was their issue, but it seems like a trend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had my credit card info stolen twice after I ordered from Wideners over the past year. Anyways, Wideners has great prices, but I'm not ordering from them because of this.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I never order ammo anymore without checking ammoseek first.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sgammo.com
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know of any dealers that are gonna cut you a better price for ordering multiple cases of anything.
Most of my ordering is thru SGAmmo as above, they're the source of all my GT and usually have a great selection of 7.62x39 in general  with the best prices on shipping for me.
Look at their GT prices, $24 for 100 or $240 for 1000, no discount for bulk. You'll save on shipping by buying by the case but that's it.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I usually buy 7.62x39 a case at a time at 500 to 1,000 rounds. Does anyone buy it in larger quantities, say 2,000 or more? Do you get a price break?

Specifically, non corrosive new production ammo (GT, S/B/G Bear, etc). Not mil surplus.

Obviously I could buy multiple 1,000 round cases, but I'm looking for a better price through quantity. Any suggestions?
View Quote

I don't think anyone is going to cut you a deal on 2 cases of ammo.  You'd have to buy at least a pallet and on regular basis to get any real discounts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
This is a good deal, SGAmmo just have to clean after shooting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is a good deal, SGAmmo just have to clean after shooting.
View Quote

M67 ammo is great stuff. Yes, it's corrosive but come on guys it's really no big deal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

These 3 are my go to . Once in a while Copes or Centerfire will run a deal with cheap shipping
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone is going to cut you a deal on 2 cases of ammo.  You'd have to buy at least a pallet and on regular basis to get any real discounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lowest amount I've ever gotten a price break on was 10,000 rounds. Pooled it out between a buddy and I, it was $10 a case off that way.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgammo.com

+1

Whenever I need x39 I seem to end up ordering it from here.  Great outfit
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#18]
like others said "SGammo" is the only place I buy ammo from (besides Walmart )
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#19]
SGammo is the only game in town on golden tiger that I have seen. I would pay extra for it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'll stick with 500/750/1000 at a time for now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd love to buy from Wideners and support an in-state business but since I live in TN I'd have to pay shipping and tax.  I guess I could be called UNpatriotic according to (who was it?) Joe (just blast that shotgun in the air towards the school) Biden?

My go-to is usually SGAmmo or whomever shows up cheapest on my ammo search engine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#22]
i haven't ordered from here but i saw lots of good prices

http://www.unammo.com/#Featured
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
SGAmmo.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#24]
SG is my go to for ammo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Academy has been my cheapest route  as well as sgammo and aimsurplus. Academy has monarch  which is brown bear sold under  monarch. Damn good stuff , lacqueor coated so it wont rust like the polymer  crap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Generally Sportsmen Guide with free shipping is cheapest.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#27]
The Amory is local to me so I get it there, they have a ton of it in stock  Not sure what shipping would be.  I do have to pay sales tax though.
I bought a case of Wolf Military Classic 7.62x39 FMJ last night for $218.  Wolf Black Box Polyformance 7.62x39 FMJ was $219
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Amory is local to me so I get it there, they have a ton of it in stock  Not sure what shipping would be.  I do have to pay sales tax though.
I bought a case of Wolf Military Classic 7.62x39 FMJ last night for $218.  Wolf Black Box Polyformance 7.62x39 FMJ was $219
View Quote

Sometimes I'm lazy so I'll have them ship to me rather than drive through the tunnel. I don't recall what I pay for shipping but even with sales tax it's still usually cheaper for me to buy from them than anywhere else
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top