Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/8/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
Latest info I saw was from April, 2014 that Russian 7N6 has been banned from import.  Posted some up for sale locally, but am reconsidering if the ban has stuck and no more is coming in.  I don't need to sell it.  Haven't taken any offers so it's not like I'm welching on a deal.

http://www.libertyfederation.com/atf_import_ban_on_russian_made_7n6_5_45x39_military_surplus_ammo
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Latest info I saw was from April, 2014 that Russian 7N6 has been banned from import.  Posted some up for sale locally, but am reconsidering if the ban has stuck and no more is coming in.  I don't need to sell it.  Haven't taken any offers so it's not like I'm welching on a deal.

http://www.libertyfederation.com/atf_import_ban_on_russian_made_7n6_5_45x39_military_surplus_ammo
View Quote

Still banned from import
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, right after that post got a buyer said he wanted two...  Now only one and I'm kinda glad.  I think I'll hang onto the other crate.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
"if the ban has stuck"?

It's banned, end of story. I hope one day it comes back but don't bet on it.
I'm keeping all mine unless I get out of 5.45.
Way more accurate than any of the commercial steel I've tried.
Even at today's prices I'm still stockpiling 7n6 when I see a deal and I can afford it. I learned my lesson with Yugo M67. Wish I'd filled the garage when it was under $200/case, and that's what it was going for locally after they stopped importing it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"if the ban has stuck"?

It's banned, end of story. I hope one day it comes back but don't bet on it.
I'm keeping all mine unless I get out of 5.45.
Way more accurate than any of the commercial steel I've tried.
Even at today's prices I'm still stockpiling 7n6 when I see a deal and I can afford it. I learned my lesson with Yugo M67. Wish I'd filled the garage when it was under $200/case, and that's what it was going for locally after they stopped importing it.
View Quote

Wait, has M67 been banned from import too?  Because I also have a few crates that I was selling off as well.  I searched but didn't find anything about a Yugo M67 ban.

I thought only Russian 7N6 was banned.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he was only saying that the price for M67 has gone way up since there is not a ton of it being imported anymore.  Not banned, just not a lot left to bring in.  Some has come in recently.  SGAmmo's last batch was priced lower than previous batches (but not like the good old days of under 20 cents per round...or was it under 15?).

Rob
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I saw for $299 a crate on the M67 I think.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
M67 isn't banned as far as I know, but not sure if the occasional crates that pop up are coming off the boat or if they're sitting in a warehouse in the states.
But based on what SGAmmo has posted it's drying up, just like 8mm Mauser.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. Just wanted to say that cheap surplus never lasts forever.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a ton of 7n6 about a month before the ban...didn't have a 5.45 gun, but I thought to myself "this is going to be banned".
I was right whoopie
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait are talking about all 7n6? Including 7.62x39mm?
I thought the ban wasn't going to past (haven't followed it that much)
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

7N6 has been banned for a couple of years now. It's 5.45x39 - there is no such thing as 7.62x39 7N6. Steel-cored x39 has been banned for quite some time. M67 is lead-cored so it wasn't banned like other milsurp x39, its scarcity seems to be due simply to diminished supply.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

7N6 has been banned for a couple of years now. It's 5.45x39 - there is no such thing as 7.62x39 7N6. Steel-cored x39 has been banned for quite some time. M67 is lead-cored so it wasn't banned like other milsurp x39, its scarcity seems to be due simply to diminished supply.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ah ok I'm still new to all of this, thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ban revolves around the ammo having a steel core and having pistols that use that caliber. No new steel core "pistol" ammo may be imported. SS109 is specifically exempt due to the steel penetrator being small and not considered a full "core". The recent attempt to ban it caused a ruckus, and the ATF does not want that. They move slowly and deviously, taking away one small item at a time, so as not to cause a stir.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

double tap
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top