Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2015 12:07:11 AM EDT
Looking at getting some Russian Klimovsk 7.62x39 ammo. Anyone have any -/+ to add before I "pull the trigger"?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Some of it was mis labeled as non corrosive when it in fact had corrosive primers. I would do some research on this before buying...

1DD
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

To be on the safe side clean it as you would corrosive ammo.

Best Regards:
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that older lots are corrosive and newer lots aren't but I'd pull a slug and do the nail test just to be sure, or just clean it like it's corrosive. The older corrosive stuff was good ammo, comparable to Yugo m67. I rarely see current production ammo but all I've seen is still lacquered, if the price is right I'd take a chance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought it and had no problems,I just treat it as corrosive.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If i remember correctly corrosive primers last longer which is why the 2k rounds I have of this stuff is in my "save" stash. Im not even sure if these have the corrosive primers
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this newly manufactured ammunition? Like... 2015? Please advise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
They keep saying its non corrosive, yet every time I put my AK away without cleaning it looks fucking corrosive weeks later. I had to hit the charging handle with a hammer to unlock it last week after sitting for awhile. Treat it as if it is corrosive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They keep saying its non corrosive, yet every time I put my AK away without cleaning it looks fucking corrosive weeks later. I had to hit the charging handle with a hammer to unlock it last week after sitting for awhile. Treat it as if it is corrosive.
View Quote

You didn't learn the first time?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I would recommend check a few different rounds. I bought a case of 1000 from Sportsman's Guide about 3 years ago and some where corrosive and some weren't. They all had the same lot number.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Same experience as other posters. I bought it thinking it was non corrosive but it was in fact corrosive. If they can't get that right what else can't they figure out? Not confidence inspiring.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Each 1K was a different lot I bought years apart.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top