Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 3:43:30 PM EDT
What happened to all of the 7.62x39 blanks? You used to be able to find it for cheap, now its all dried up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought some Sako[Finland] 762x39 blanks.Seller told me that they will cycle in semi auto,and are N/C.
Have not tried them out yet.I thought price was fair.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Those Finnish wood bullet blanks will NOT cycle a semi auto without the correct BFA. But, they are non-corrosive...

As for the supply, lack of demand likely is the reason.

1DD
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My company does blanks for the film business.

Here is the scoop.

Russia gets involved in the Ukraine and the main supplier of blanks over there is Barnaul.  These are what the U.S. State Dept uses for their training.  (Brown Bear is the same thing in a different box.)
The owner of Barnaul is on the hit list for sanctions and for some reason they are not willing to re-band the blanks for import.

All the surplus dries up in months.

New production Prvi at insane prices flies out the door as it is the only game in town. (we went through 26 pallets at 86 cases  of 1440 rounds each - per pallet in 4 months.  Prvi ran out with no new import due until November at best.

We sold 56 cases (of 2K rounds per case) of shit-tastic Egyptian surplus in a week.  All the good steel cased Serbian stuff went in a day.

With so many "tactical" training places popping up, the rounds went fast.  We are making 10K a week in house and the small film guys are buying everything we can make.

Hell if I know why the ammo can't be re-branded when Barnaul is importing live ammo.  It will be a while before you see any and it won't be cheap.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those Finnish wood bullet blanks will NOT cycle a semi auto without the correct BFA. But, they are non-corrosive...

1DD
View Quote

The ones I bought are not the wood bullet style.These are full plastic cased blanks.
If they were the wood tipped blanks I wouldn't of bought them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Which one of these?

http://www.municion.org/762x39/762x39Inert.htm
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The ones I bought are not the wood bullet style.These are full plastic cased blanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1DD

Still need a BFA in order to cycle a semi or full auto weapon...

1DD
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top