Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/13/2015 9:10:44 PM EDT
So looking at buying an AK, also looking at ammo, it seems plentiful right now. For the good stuff; Hornady, is this a .308 bullet or a .310 like it should be?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to give a vote of confidence on this round. The only round I use on my farm/ranch in North Texas to deal with skunks and other varmints.

The wound pattern of the latest skunk was impressive. I must have hit him on the first shot, but the head was torn open with stuff falling out. Same with the stomach. At first the brains looked like a weed or flower covered in blood. Once I was closer, I could tell what it was. It was the first time I was able to get close enough to the dead skunk to see what had happened. Not sure if FMJ would have done the same wound pattern, but I trust SST to take care of most soft skinned critters. Not expecting skunks to wear body armour any time soon.

I'd post pictures, but not sure how everyone feels about graphic images.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Please do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a shot towards the house. Fairly close to where we live. He was out and about during the early evening.

How he was before I flipped him over.

Flipped over before I scooped him up to throw him in the brush pile down in the pit.

One can see what it did to his head and gut. I'm no medical examiner so I can't analyze the wound patterns. Regardless I would expect similar results on most mammals or other soft skinned critters.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to also add that that ammo turned my AK into a 1.5-2 MOA rifle.... MUCH better accuracy then any of the inexpensive imports.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Gel test:

Link for phones

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top